What to do with scalloped piece above sink?


I have a scalloped piece over my kitchen sink between two cabinets....ver dated, I know. My question; will it look ok just taking it down and leave it blank, or do I replace it with something?

  4 answers
  • Johnavallance82 Johnavallance82 on Jan 17, 2019

    Hi June, Bare in mind if you tank it down it maywell leave a mark or two where there are fixings. Put something over marks either side and it should fine.

  • Heje Heje on Jan 17, 2019

    Some people have removed them and left the space open and others have put something over them or replaced with a straight piece of wood. One women put a decorative item that was long enough to cover hers. I was thinking of covering mine with thin strips of luan to mimic the shaker style that was done on the cupboards to update them. Good luck on finding a solution that best works for you.

  • Karen Karen on Jan 17, 2019

    You could take it off. Or saw off the scalloped part only for a more modern look

  • Kathy Gunter Law Kathy Gunter Law on Jan 17, 2019

    You can add a medallion of some type for an update. If you remove and don't like the look, you can put a shelf or a tension rod with cafe curtains or a valance or tea towels or pot holders or some other decor that goes with your motif. You could also put a big sign in it's place.