My daughter will be leaving soon for school. I thought of this little project to bring some of her memories with her.
I started out with a basic shoe box. I was happy it was already pink!
- I cut some pink tissue paper into squares of different sizes.
- Using Modge Podge I added some water and made a runny consistency.
- Using a paint brush, I brushed on the Modge podge and gently added the tissue and brushed well with the liquid. After the box was complete I let dry.
- Neput came the lid. My cousin had found some cute napkins at a store in my daughter's favourite...Paris theme. I also cut pieces of the serviettes and covered the box lid using the same technique.
Waited over night to dry.
- After drying I mixed a little modge podge solution and carefully painted on some solution in certain spots on the box. I then added some loose glitter and dumped the excess glitter into a container to use again. This took a bit of time.
- Once the glitter was dry, I used he Modge podge solution to go over the glitter so that the box and everything surrounding it would not get the glitter onto it. As you know...glitter gets everywhere!
Fait Complete!!! It is done.
I took some ribbon and used the hot glue gun to attach and to add a little
Je Ne C'est Quoi. Lol
All done. I will be giving her this next week filled with momentos of our family, pictures of the dogs and some special things from home.
Enjoyed the project?
- Shoe box (Free)
- Napkins and Tissue Paper (Home)
- Modge Podge (Craft store)
- Ribbon (Home/Craft store)
Published August 20th, 2017 4:17 PM
Join the conversation
William on Aug 20, 2017What a great project for family memories. I bet your daughter will have tears of joy when you give it to her. Brought a tear to my eye just thinking about it.
Nicole Frances on Aug 21, 2017Thank you
Frequently asked questions
Have a question about this project?