Jar Shaped Garden Markers
For all you mason jar lovers out there... you need a set of these! Hang them from existing pots or use them to make the perfect rustic herb garden.
Supplies Needed to Make Herb Planter and Garden Markers:
- Galvanized Metal Planter
- Chalkboard Jar Tags
- Outdoor Vinyl
- Transfer Tape
- Weeding Tools (optional)
- Drill and Drill Bit
- Herb Markers Cut File ( click here to access)
- Cricut Machine
Upload the herb marker file to the software for your Cricut machine. We have more information on uploading files to Cricut Design Space here. Be sure to size the words correctly before cutting to fit your tags. Cut from permanent vinyl.
- Once cut, start weeding the excess from the vinyl on each label. Weeding tools make this job a bit easier but they are optional.
- Apply transfer tape to the vinyl and carefully remove the backing paper.
- Then apply each word to your garden markers using the transfer tape. Be sure to press the vinyl down well.
- Repeat the steps above for as many garden markers as you like.
If you want to attach them to a planter, use a drill and drill bit to drill holes where the holes are located in the wood mason jars. Clean up any sharp exposed edges with a grinder. Use caution as the edges of the holes will be really sharp.
Be sure to visit my blog for the final reveal and many helpful tips about using your Cricut machine, working with vinyl, and other wonderful mason jar projects!
Enjoyed the project?
- See detailed materials list above.
- See link for detailed instructions above.
Want more details about this and other DIY projects? Check out my blog post!
Published June 22nd, 2018 10:31 AM
Frequently asked questions
Have a question about this project?