Easy Homemade Fungicide Spray for Plants – Two Ingredients!!
This is something I have mentioned before on Chemistry Cachet, but haven’t done a full post on yet!
The best part? This is great for MORE than just preventing fungus and bacteria, be sure to read the chemist notes below to learn more.
- 1 aspirin tablet 325 mg
- 1 gallon water
- Spray bottle (click blog post link at bottom of post for tips on choosing the right spray bottle!!)
- A few drops of dish soap (OPTIONAL)
- Crush aspirin up until it is a fine powder.
- Mix with one gallon of water.
- Add contents to a spray bottle. At this point, you can add a few drops of soap if you choose too. PLEASE read notes below about the dish soap!!
- Using the mist setting, spray leaves of plant until lightly, but evenly coated.
- Use every few weeks during the growing season.
IMPORTANT!! Before moving on through this post, PLEASE click this link to read our FAQS and Precautions!!!
For More Aggressive Treatments:
I wanted to include a quick alternative solution for this. I have done quite a bit of research on using aspirin for plants. In a few horticulture books, the solution mentioned was 1 aspirin to 1 LITER of water. This makes it a little more concentrated, so if you want to really make sure your plant is protected from disease, you can use this ratio. I have used the 1 liter of water for my roses, and they responded well.
For more details on the science behind this spray, click here :)
Enjoyed the project?
- Aspirin (store)
- Water (home)
- Spray bottle (online)
Frequently asked questions
Have a question about this project?
Join the conversation
Alexis @ Chemistry Cachet on May 30, 2019
Hope you love it too!
Lifestyles Homes on Jul 16, 2019
I’m looking for your scientific white paper reference for the efficacy of this solution as an anti-fungal.
I’ve found white papers describing it as being effective on certain yeasts, but not as a solution of 1 aspirin: 1 gallon of tap water.
Alexis @ Chemistry Cachet on Jul 16, 2019
You can click the blog link and get all the details https://chemistrycachet.com/easy-homemade-fungicide-spray-for-plants/
Will it fix black spot on my roses?
Wut about using this solution for a window I have that sweats n molds. Would u use this also
Please respond. I need help. Thx.
will this work on Japanese beetles? They are eating the leaves of my snowball bush