Drop down dresser

by LInda
Does anyone know anything about this dresser ?
drop down dresser, painted furniture
drop down dresser, painted furniture
drop down dresser, painted furniture
  9 answers
  • Cynthia Cynthia on Jun 19, 2013
    Try contacting this place. They may be able to help you. antiques@NaplesCreekAntiques.com

  • Z Z on Jun 20, 2013
    I don't know anything other than it's called a secretary, not a dresser. That might help you in your research or hopefully the contact Cynthia gave you will help. It's very pretty.

  • My friend has one and it was his grandfathers. I know it's old.

  • Catherine Smith Catherine Smith on Jun 20, 2013
    It is a secretary, looks like golden oak. Mine has a attached curved glass book case. Do check with a reputable antique dealer. Most of these were made in the 1800's for the secretary in a office to do their work.

  • KMS Woodworks KMS Woodworks on Jun 20, 2013
    I restored an 1860's era Secretary a few years back...mine is a bit fancier with walnut veneers and Mahogany.

  • Sandra Sandra on Aug 25, 2014
    The top is a Secretary. However the bottom looks like it is a dresser or chest for a child's room. The two pieces look as though someone 'married' them together to look like one piece. That is just my opinion. Good place to store all your computer accessories. Or for a hall entry to store hats & gloves with a place for the in & out daily mail too. Nice find.

  • Susan sapp Susan sapp on Dec 30, 2014
    Sandra, my thought also was that it could possibly be a "married" piece. It still looks very nice. Looks like maple or pine... need a closer look at the piece, maybe from the '50's.

  • Katherine Howard Jones Katherine Howard Jones on Jan 16, 2015
    I have a secretary with "dresser" type drawers below. It is not uncommon at all. Yours is very nice @linda;

  • Paula Long Paula Long on Jan 19, 2015
    I have a maple secretary desk. It belonged to my mother and she bought it either in the 50's or 60's. I am still using it. It looks almost like yours.