Help me identify this tool?

by Jlmccracken
I was going through an old tackle box and found this gizmo. Can you help me identify it? Does it belong in a tackle box? Does it have anything to do with fishing?
help me identify this tool, tools
help me identify this tool, tools
  8 answers
  • This simply looks as something that would be used to hold something apart. The two hooks perhaps are clipped onto some small screws preventing to objects from coming together. May or may not be affiliated with fishing. There are simply thousands of fishing gadgets that this could be part of. I doubt very much it is a stand alone tool, It must work with something else that is missing from this photo.

  • Bonnie Lewenza Bonnie Lewenza on Sep 23, 2013
    I'm not sure at first in the smaller picture I thought it was a crow bar, but that's not it. It may be used to pull out stubborn nails, it is a tool maybe a spacer. To be honest never ever saw one before.

  • Catherine Smith Catherine Smith on Sep 23, 2013
    My DH, who is something of a serious fisherman, says this is used to hook on fishline to slide down and remove a hook from the fishes' mouth without risking your fingers.

  • Eve Mac Eve Mac on Sep 23, 2013
    I am thinking it is a hook remover, like Catherine said.

  • Kimberly sullins Kimberly sullins on Sep 23, 2013
    my husband said it might be to hold a fishing hook while you tie the fishing line on

  • April E April E on Sep 24, 2013
    as stated before it looks like a hook remover for hooks caught deeply

  • It looks like what you use to take out bicycle spokes

  • Ton3982497 Ton3982497 on Feb 12, 2016
    yes it is for removing hooks from deep in fishes mouth and better for lures as it keeps other hooks from fowling your line near your line