Asked on Jun 01, 2018

No longer being homeless

by NCH
Need guidance finding affordable property that I can purchase (with very bad credit) and put my travel trailer on and start a little farm to feed myself and also for a little income. Already have experience raising chickens and growing food. Also am totally self sufficient. Just finding the perfect place and a way to pay for it are the challenges I face.
Can you help? It might help others that are homeless too.
q no longer being homeless
This is the 27' travel trailer that has been my home for almost 2 years however, have only been able to have utilities for 6 months totally during that time because of my situation. I had also just started to renovate the inside before I became homeless. Making more if a home than an RV.
  5 answers
  • Annie Annie on Jun 01, 2018
    Best of luck to you. Where do you live? In some rural areas people rent a tract of land and work it, rather than buying it.

  • Sandy Sandy on Jun 01, 2018
    Find an older farmer who needs helping hand

  • Ebbjdl Ebbjdl on Jun 01, 2018
    Sorry about your situation, but the best you can do is go online and look for RV permanet hook-ups. Also go to your senior services for help. When you hook-up your just renting space. You want to find something permanent. If you need more help let us know. Good Luck!

  • Cat Cat on Jun 01, 2018
    Sending good thoughts your way. The large land owner who may need a little bit of assistance may help. Have you contacted a local church? They may know of some good resources for you.

  • Anon Anon on Jun 01, 2018
    don't know what part of the country you are in but I have lived in Texas and now in South Carolina and our property is very inexpensive in both. What you need is someone who is willing to do a land contract or owner financing. Go to rural areas and speak with local realtors, when I was in real estate we had things like this come up all the time. For reference, you can get land here for about 3000.00 per acre and property taxes are super low. I live in the Barnwell/Bamberg/Allendale county region of South Carolina.