How do I fix curved veneer?

by Juanita

I have an old dresser with a vener curved top that is missing a few pieces. Any suggestions on how to repair it?

  3 answers
  • Ken Erickson Ken Erickson on Jan 18, 2019

    A piece of matching veneer larger than the missing area can be used to make a patch. Cut old veneer and new veneer to size and re-install with contact cement or glue.

  • Beth Beth on Jan 18, 2019

    I have a cabinet with some similar issues. I talked to a woodworker who said I'd probably need to redo all of the veneer. You could try to match the veneer and add in new pieces. If it's curved, you could try gluing it down. If you want it to look like new, you probably need to redo it altogether.

  • Joy30150932 Joy30150932 on Jan 21, 2019

    You can purchase new veneer but you will need to remove all of the old stuff. A contact glue will adhere the new veneer to the surface.