How would you repair a cracked cement porch on an older home?

Jen Bell
by Jen Bell
The house was built in 1871. Cement has cracks and in the last two years have gotten much larger. I don't think the cement can be removed as the enclosed porch is on part of it.
  4 answers
  • Lois fitzgerald Lois fitzgerald on Jun 14, 2017
    This is a project that needs a professional . You may have a bigger problem like settling. YES even after 146 years.

  • Karen Karen on Jun 14, 2017
    You could try filling the cracks with a sealant.

  • Sue Sue on Jun 15, 2017
    Hi Jen. I had the same problem with my 1922 home. I had a crack from my front door and down the 1st step. I used Quikrete Crack Seal. This is a pourable product that comes in a 1qt bottle with a tip for pouring. It will seal cracks up to 1/2in wide. If the crack is deeper than 1/4in you will have to fill it with some fine sand up to the 1/4 in depth before using it I was surprised how easy it was. I did it 2yrs ago and so far it's holding up great

  • Sue Sue on Jun 15, 2017
    Sorry Jen. I forgot to tell you, you can get the pourable Quikrete at Home Depot and probably Lowes . I really believe you will have an easy time and good results with this.