Asked on Dec 12, 2018

How would you do this?

by June

I saw this on Pinterest and love it but can't figure out what they used. On one it looks like tiles but what is on the red one?

q how would you do this
q how would you do this
  4 answers
  • Johnavallance82 Johnavallance82 on Dec 12, 2018

    Hello there,

    Sticky back paper as in Contact or maybe Wallpaper or more likely Paint and applique and paint done free hand............

  • User User on Dec 12, 2018

    Those are used tyres and it's specific rubber flowerpots...

  • Lynn Sorrell Lynn Sorrell on Dec 12, 2018

    Mosaic bathrm/kitchen tiles,glass tiles and could be plastic tubing? painted copper color

    • See 1 previous
    • Lynn Sorrell Lynn Sorrell on Dec 12, 2018

      The red one is old tire on top & the rim from tire as bottom piece, looks like the red one is just painted with high gloss paint,then polyurethane or high gloss spray clear coat. The mosaic one is also tire just mosaic over they really are beautiful. I was in the blue ridge mountains to visit some land my sister & I have there in Kentucky & one of the locals had taken old galvanized metal monkey bars from playground and hung 2 tires from it with chains(sideways like you'd sit in for swing) and sprayed it all high gloss white paint filled with huge ferns and trailing red geraniums it was so beautiful against the green lush grasses and trees.I live in AZ so whenever I go back to the area to visit I'm amazed everytime at how lush and green it is there compared to here. Thx for sharing these pics with us.

  • The top one was tiled over a tire with copper pipe attached as embellishment. Bottom one looks to have been cut with the scallop edging, not easy to do. Sure is pretty though.