Front Porch Update.
Several years ago we put down outdoor berber carpet on the front porch but never put trim on the edges so it was beginning to unravel. Over the last couple of years we painted and got a new roof. The porch was in desperate need of some TLC (besides I never much liked the carpet in the first place).
First step was cleaning, trimming the unraveling edges and mending the seam ( I just used some caulking I had on hand). Then I measured and masked off a rectangular area and border the length off the porch using painters tape.
A quick trip to the hardware store for trim, dark gray (to match the roof) and cream (to match the house) paint...I was ready. The other colors were left from painting the trim on the porch.
I painted the trim to match the gray and secured it with liquid nails and screws. Once the gray and cream were dry I pulled up the painters tape. I had earlier cut a stencil out of poster board....Now the fun starts!!!!
Using my stencil and left over paint I began stenciling flowers randomly across the porch.
The finished project.....
ABSOLUTELY love it!! The curb appeal is getting better!
- Outdoor latex primer/paint
- Wood trim
- Liquid nails
Published November 7th, 2017 10:36 PM
3 of 110 comments