Hometalk.com

Furniture Ideas 04.05.14

DIY Simple Rustic "Headboard" Bench

I purchased a headboard at Salvation Army and had my husband help me build a bench for my garden.To make the bench you will need a twin size headboard and 2- 2x4's and 2 1x6 boards. Assemble the bench from a tutorial found on my blog. Once it's assembled give it a coart of kilz and then paint. #garden #diy #upcycle
Time: 2 Minutes Cost: $10.00 Difficulty: Moderate

To see more: http://www.secondchancetodream.com/2012/06/simple-rustic-headboard-bench-tutorial.html

4 Comments Displaying 4 of 4 comments
  • Barb Rosen Wilmington, DE
    Love your bench too! You and your hubby are making some wonderful garden projects together : )
  • Barb C Mayfield, MI
    Thank you so much! I can't wait until this snow melts and we can start digging in the dirt again. In the meantime I'll dream and come up with some new projects for us to make.
  • Cyndi Moore Tippett Rocky Mount, NC
    I love the idea and I am with you...can't wait to start digging in the dirt. We are tackling the yard of our "new to us" house this spring so I have also been dreaming. The yard has not been touched in several decades.
  • Barb C Mayfield, MI
    Cyndi, How exciting to have a blank slate. That will be fun and a LOT of work. Enjoy!