Hometalk.com

Gardening/plants 2 days ago

Junk Garden Decor

Using rustic sale finds to give your garden an old "thyme" look

To see more: http://www.asouthernbellewithnorthernroots.com/search/label/garden-outdoors

17 Comments Displaying 15 of 17 comments | See Previous
  • Pat aka Queen of Thrift Scottsboro, AL
    I love how you repurposed your junk!!! I love to use found items and repurpose them into unique garden art. I need to steal your ideas for an upcoming garden tour that I am hosting on June 1. I will have to wow the attendees with creative containers and
  • oh how fun! an acre!!! Be still my heart - all that dirt just makes me smile :)
  • Lynne West-May Houston, TX
    Love the idea about using the old trunk! Can't wait to try it!
  • CeeJai Stockbridge, GA
    Shannon I love it... I do the same thing with my memory gardens/containers. I have my Great-Grandma Annie's cast iron soap kettle and put her favorite red flower in it - my grandfather's grinding wheel and seat has a pot on it with his favorite flower --
  • Sounds wonderful! Can't wait to see!
  • Shannon O- A Southern Belle with Northern Roots very nice display. I think the placement is key to the character you have brought to your garden It isvery pleasant with lots of eye candy among the beautiful flowers.
  • thank you Gail! We are currently buried under a few feet of snow....these pictures make me sigh....come on Spring!!
  • Shannon O- A Southern Belle with Northern Roots we too are still buried under snow. It has been snowing for a couple of days now - less today and temps are warmer today as well. I am avoiding depression by trolling the garden section LOL But it is working :)
  • Denise S. Temecula, CA
    Thanks so much for the tour. I love it. The mix of old 'junk' with plants.. what can be better?
  • Very nice, Shannon - I'm very partial to junk gardening too...
  • Robin Norris Lake Charles, LA
    I bet they say, "That woman will plant flowers in ANYTHING!!"
  • you betcha Robin Norris LOL
  • Diane Mastermaker Port Norris, NJ
    Someone crashed into our mailbox the other day and was nice enough to buy us a new one. Now I know what I'm doing with the old one!
  • Karen B Atco, NJ
    Really great planting ideas! Who needs pots when you have a vivid imagination?
  • Donna Cordima Pepperell, MA
    Inspiring !!!