Hometalk.com

Decor Ideas 04.11.14

Blue chandelier Redo

I bought this chandelier at a yard sale this summer. It was was way to brassy and dated. I spray painted it Valspars Tropical Oasis and I cleaned up the crystals. It took me two days to put it back together because I asked my husband to take a before picture and he forgot. There were seven different sizes of crystals and it took forever to figure out. I planned on selling it but once it was completed I loved it. It is hanging in my kitchen now. #lightingideas

To see more: http://www.restorationredoux.com/?p=578

30 Comments Displaying 15 of 30 comments | See Previous
  • THAT looks GORGEOUS!!! I love it!
  • Great idea! Thanks for sharing this!
  • B.Kirby Granite Falls, NC
    Thats beautiful !!!!
  • Marty's Musings Greensboro, NC
    Looks amazing! My hubby did a mason jar chandelier from a throw away and I love it!
  • Diane H Cumming, GA
    Love it. Have been planning on painting mine but you have changed my mind so I will paint it a bright color.
  • Shanna Gilbert Wichita, KS
    Thanks everyone! Marty I saw your mason jar chandelier, it was amazing!
  • You did a beautiful job, I love it! I have plans for painting ours, still trying to decide on a colour.
  • AMAZING!!! LOVE it!!!
  • Karyn Lisk Gainesville, GA
    I think I just posted my comment on my clip! LOL new to this...But I love your pop of color...Turquoise is my black! I have 3 of these that I painted but have 8 foot ceilings that are tongue and groove wood so finding a place for a chandelier is a bit of
  • Debby Boyle Necedah, WI
    I love all you did. You sound a lot like me. I make a lot of stuff for my home and gardens.
  • Great idea! Love the transformation!
  • Carol G Abbeville, LA
    wow! THAT IS GORGEOUS!! Turquoise is my all time favorite color. I love to re-purpose every thing ...if it is new and breaks I re-purpose it. If it is old and broken I re-purpose it.
  • Jen, Girl in the Garage Valparaiso, IN
    Gorgeous, it looks fabulous now! It's amazing what some paint can do!
  • Carolyn Smith Camas, WA
    Awesome color choice! You took a cast off and turned it into a gem! Nice job!
  • Shanna Gilbert Wichita, KS
    Thanks so much Carolyn!