Hi There Here's how you can get the most out of your home & garden social network: Go home

Blue chandelier Redo

I bought this chandelier at a yard sale this summer. It was was way to brassy and dated. I spray painted it Valspars Tropical Oasis and I cleaned up the crystals. It took me two days to put it back together because I asked my husband to take a before picture and he forgot. There were seven different sizes of crystals and it took forever to figure out. I planned on selling it but once it was completed I loved it. It is hanging in my kitchen now. #lightingideas

To see more: http://www.restorationredoux.com/?p=578

41 Comments | Add a Comment Displaying 18 of 41 comments | See Previous
  • Karyn Lisk
    Karyn Lisk Gainesville, GA
    I think I just posted my comment on my clip! LOL new to this...But I love your pop of color...Turquoise is my black! I have 3 of these that I painted but have 8 foot ceilings that are tongue and groove wood so finding a place for a chandelier is a bit of
  • Debby Boyle
    Debby Boyle Necedah, WI
    I love all you did. You sound a lot like me. I make a lot of stuff for my home and gardens.
  • Betsy@Coastal-Colors
    Great idea! Love the transformation!
  • Carol G
    Carol G Abbeville, LA
    wow! THAT IS GORGEOUS!! Turquoise is my all time favorite color. I love to re-purpose every thing ...if it is new and breaks I re-purpose it. If it is old and broken I re-purpose it.
  • Jen, Girl in the Garage
    Jen, Girl in the Garage Valparaiso, IN
    Gorgeous, it looks fabulous now! It's amazing what some paint can do!
  • Carolyn Smith
    Carolyn Smith Camas, WA
    Awesome color choice! You took a cast off and turned it into a gem! Nice job!
  • Shanna Gilbert
    Shanna Gilbert Wichita, KS
    Thanks so much Carolyn!
  • Jean Kiehl Kloska
    Jean Kiehl Kloska Bad Axe, MI
    Color brings such a modern update to this piece ! Great job !
  • Shanna Gilbert
    Shanna Gilbert Wichita, KS
    Thanks Jean! It is hanging in my kitchen right now and I get a ton of compliments on it!
  • GR
    Wow just wow! I refinish furniture etc for a living so I shouldn't be surprised at how paint can transform something but this is unrecognisable :-))
  • Shanna Gilbert
    Shanna Gilbert Wichita, KS
    Thank you Gerry!
  • Sherri
    Sherri Lamar, MO
    Love it love the color!!!!
  • Brenda R
    Brenda R Dallas, GA
    awesome redo
  • Marie guzon
    marie guzon Philippines
    great job! i love it
  • Popo Aziz
    saw so many posts but really loved this awesome job ...can u please tell from where u bought those crystal bowls that goes under the lights thanx
    • Shanna Gilbert
      Shanna Gilbert Wichita, KS
      Thank you! They actually came with the chandelier. I had already removed them before I took the before picture.
Shanna Gilbert

Posts You May Like

Continue browsing