Create Your Own Customized Room Scent

Kitchen 06.02.15
Tired of harsh, artificial room sprays and scents? Why not create your own from all-natural ingredients? I created these room scents from lemon, rosemary and vanilla.

To create my personalized scent, I started with two fresh lemons and then added 2 stalks of rosemary and a teaspoon of vanilla in 2 quarts of water in a pan on the stove. I brought the ingredients to a boil and then turned the heat down to let them simmer.

As the water evaporated, I added more water to keep the fruit and herbs covered at all time.

And as the mixture simmered, the house was full of the smell of spring.

And now...I'm growing my own herbs so I have a built-in supply for a fresh smelling house every day!

Time: 10 Minutes Cost: $2.00 Difficulty: Easy

To see more:

• Hilliriah Jacobs
    i just did that infusion but i used cinnamon orange peal and an old sprig of rosemary i had stuck somewhere. oh the aroma and the a/c on hm so good
  • Hilliriah Jacobs
    could not help it i had to drink some of that infusion
  • Connie
    Connie Newberg, OR
    I am confused too about the jar and lemons & you put it in the jar after it cools????
  • Julia Spires
    Julia Spires Tampa, FL
    I am confused as well about the jar and lemons with rosemary?
  • Lin S
    Lin S Palm Bay, FL
    If you had clicked on the pic for the instructions you would have found out she put the ingred. in a mason jar to store in the refrigerator until she was ready to use it.

Search Feedback