Hometalk.com

How To Create A Custom Look Without The High Dollar Price Tag

Designing and planning a room makeover can be overwhelming, trust me, I have been there:). The time, the money, the planning, the second guessing and then bringing it all to life. But...... it can also be fun and very rewarding. Making a space in your home functional, pretty and a true reflection of you & your family is a beautiful thing.

Through years of decorating for myself & others I have become well versed at decorating on a dime & creating a custom look without the high dollar price tag.

Here are some tips & things I have learned along the way.

1.Take it Slow. Don't be afraid to take your time. I think often we are easily influenced(me included) by others; we can browse the Internet & get caught up in following blogs & home design sites that we can get discouraged by our own home's lack of presence & beauty. The homes that we see in magazines which are beautifully decorated take time & thought to get that way, I remind myself of that often.

2. Establish A Budget & A Plan. I am not sure about you but we do budgets. With the economy the way it is & the fact that I am

To see more: http://www.cityfarmhouse.blogspot.com/2013/03/creating-custom-look-without-high.html

13 Comments Displaying 13 of 13 comments
  • Kim C Queen Creek, AZ
    Thanks for all the useful tips!
  • great post and excellent advice!
  • Thanks for the tips!
  • If we follow your tips, will we have a house as fabulous as yours?!
  • No. 29 Design Belmont, MA
    Great advice and gorgeous pictures!
  • Debby Boyle Necedah, WI
    Cool Idea's!
  • Thanks for the great ideas! Your house is gorgeous!
  • Sue Allentown, PA
    Great tips. I get discouraged too by looking at other blogs and think that my home is messy.
  • Lorraine F Virginia Beach, VA
    ALL great tips! If I could just put them all in to use as well as YOU have!!
  • Nancy Chatham, NJ
    directions for the ottoman! Would love to recover mine!
  • City Farmhouse Bellport, NY
    HI Nancy, Sure here is how I did mine, http://www.cityfarmhouse.blogspot.com/2013/0.... I hope this helps:).
  • Wonderful post!!! Thank you :)
  • Kathy R Sparta, GA
    marvelous tips - I am doing just what you suggest to two rooms right now! It truly is a lot of fun!