Basement Renovation - Need help!

We are going to start a basement renovation this summer, but if I'm going to do it I want it done RIGHT. So tell me... where do we begin because I am overwhelmed with the thought of it. Our basement is probably 1,500 sq ft and I already have a wish list... Office/Scrapbooking room, Playroom/Lounge Area, Dance/Exercise Room, Bathroom, etc. The bathroom is roughed-in, but other than that it's just concrete floors and walls. Should I get a Designer/Architect to make the most of the space I want to create and get the decor I want? If I do that is it going to cost an outrageous amount? Any and all advice is much appreciated!
  • Woodbridge Environmental
    There are several steps to achieve a safe, healthy andquality basement finishing project.

Step one; forget this step and you will be tearing out allyour hard work in a few short years.

• Tiffany Hall
    Tiffany Hall Fenton, MO
    These are all wonderful recommendations and I really appreciate it! I am NOT planning on doing any of the work myself. This is definitely not my area of expertise. I would really really like to get a Designer to help us, but how would I go about finding
  • KMS Woodworks
    KMS Woodworks Nederland, CO
    If you check their references, you should be ok. Most folks will be honest with the quality of the work they had done. Without refs you are shooting in the dark. The bulk of my business is referral
  • Jim Jakes
    Jim Jakes Nashville, TN
    Watch a lot of "Holmes on Homes" reruns. He is the gear when it comes to basements.
  • Houseworks Unlimited, Inc.
    If you don't have any direct friends or family that have had something like this done, try your local professional remodeling association. NARI and NAHB have chapters by most all of the large cities. I'm partial to NARI only because of my involvement.
Tiffany Hall
Thank you {% auth.user().name %} for answering this question & helping the community!
Here are some more recent questions

Search Feedback

{% slideIn.title() %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().cover_photo.alt %} {% slideIn.slide_post().media_count %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().summary %}

View Post