Faux Leaded Glass Window

Windows 11.19.15

New Feature

Now you can ask questions on every Hometalk post to get more insight and information about your favorite projects!
I've always had a fondness for leaded glass windows, but the expense was out of reach. That is until I found a product that let me turn my boring old glass windows into faux stain glass beauties. I simply applied the product directly onto the existing window. And self-adhesive "leading" strips made the process so much easier. The full tutorial can be found on my blog post ...
  • 1. Here's the before. A faux stain glass window I created using Gallery Glass over a decade ago. I used a hand steamer and scraper to remove the design. I'll be honest -- it took some elbow grease.
  • 2. Before I started, I drew out my desired design on a sheet of paper sized to the window. This served as my template.
  • 3. Then I grabbed my faux stain glass Gallery Glass materials, which included self-adhesive leading strips, liquid leading, and crystal clear "color."
  • 4. I applied the leading strips first. They are so easy to work with and can easily be cut, removed, and repositioned. A level ensured the lines were straight.
  • 5. Once the leading lines were in place, I applied the Gallery Glass crystal clear directly onto the glass. When it dried to clear after 24 hours, it added instant character to my 100+ year old home.

To see more: http://www.itallstartedwithpaint.com/faux-leaded-glass-window/

• Patti
    Patti West Plains, MO
    I love this and I'm gonna try it real soon !!!
  • Betty W
    Betty W Shelbyville, KY
    I like it a lot,but I liked it before as well.
  • Valerie
    Valerie South Africa
    It looks great!
  • Nancy Kruse
    Nancy Kruse Grand Rapids, MI
    I really have to say that I'm disappointed that you got rid of the stained glass with the colors. That's why I clicked on the link. The new is boring & why did you not do the two outer windows?
  • Jan
    jan Sanford, FL
    I love colored stain glass but I love this---classic---and looks great---glad someone mentioned not for exteriors---if I used it inside how would it look from outside the front door???
Linda @ it all started with paint

Search Feedback

{% slideIn.title() %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().cover_photo.alt %} {% slideIn.slide_post().media_count %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().summary %}

View Post