Paint color for a bathroom with old yellow & black tiles?

04.19.16
Currently, the bathroom is painted white but I would love to change it. There are yellow & black tiles halfway up on the walls. The tub, toilet & sink are white. What color can I put in this room? Thanks.

• Jane
    Jane Dublin, OH
    In my daughter's bathroom in one of her house renting days she had yellow tiles that looked very much like this. I painted the black tiles white to match woodwork, then did a faux denim blue paint using glaze and a fine comb. It looked amazing!
  • Lori
    Lori Canada
    I would paint the tiles white, shiny white. Unless you love the yellow, which is fine, but you will be stuck with it and decorating around it for the rest of your life in that house. I have painted many tiles and always with great success. Right now
  • Diana Deiley
    Diana Deiley Nokomis, FL
    Seek assistance in the paint department at Lowe's for proper paint to use on the tiles, but it can be done. I agree, gloss white would be gorgeous. Add color with your linens.
  • Susan
    Susan Rossville, TN
    I know adding enamel over tiles is an idea but the expense may be more than you want to spend. If so, you want to try to make the tile look deliberate in your design and not like something you want to hide. Therefore, you can use the color to your
  • Debi53
    debi53 Broadway, NC
    First, thank your lucky stars you did not inherit the pink or mint green of the area. The yellow/black is actually quite awesome. Make it work for you. Instead of just painting your walls, why not stencil them in a bold geometric balck or charcoal on top
Lisa Van Wyk Borzi