6 Tips To Eliminate Weeds In Your Garden!

Weeds. The enemy of gardeners the world around! They are responsible for choking the life from vegetable and flower gardens, while stealing life-giving nutrients away from our plants. Weeds are also the reason many gardeners throw their hands up by mid-summer and call it a year.

It simply doesn't have to be that way. In fact, some of the most time-consuming chores we have been led to believe help with gardening and weeds - are actually the main culprit to creating more! Simply by eliminating those weed promoting practices, and replacing with a few time and labor saving methods - you can all but eliminate the issue of weeds in your garden.

We spend no more than 10 minutes a day handling all of the chores in our garden - including weeding - and that's not a misprint! The first step is realizing that eliminating weeds in a garden is a process and not a one time thing. But don't let that scare you - the process is simple and leads to a productive and beautiful garden in a fraction of the time.

Here are six ways we keep our garden weed free - and fun to be and work in!

To see more: http://oldworldgardenfarms.com/2013/03/19/6-tips-to-eliminate-weeds-from-your-garden/

on This Post

• Lee Detrick

• Do-It-Yourself Danielle
    Excellent tips! I need to try some because we get a lot of weeds and we don't have a huge garden. Maybe I'll try mulching with all the dried up grass we end up with :)
    • Terrie Neudorf
      It's straw not hay , hay I feed to horses and is too expensive to waist like this .
  • Bill Croley
    Bill Croley Saraland, AL
    I can handle the weeds but those darn flies ruin my tomatoes before they can grow up. Nothing is better than a tomato fresh from the garden but those flies mark them up and make them dry,. What can I do about it.
  • Suzette T
    Suzette T Philadelphia, PA
    As the grounds- keeper for 5.5-acre horse Polo stable my gardens are constantly full of weeds I literally if budget permitted hire two people full time to Just weed . Now I have done the vinegar thing the PREEN thing everything from newspaper to rugs to
    • Wanda sinnema
      Wanda sinnema Seattle, WA
      Suzette T Have you weeded then mulched.. different areas prefer different things.. While not a fan of beauty bark (cedar) it does work..some compost works good too and is good for
  • Lee Detrick
    Lee Detrick West Liberty, OH
    You folks who use the vinegar solution are just fooling yourselves. I used it all last summer; it seems to be killing the weeds, but they come back up again. It's not worth it; I am going back to Roundup or something similar.
    • Wanda sinnema
      Wanda sinnema Seattle, WA
      Lee Detrick many states are banning it.... Washington for one, not sure exact date.. I also prefer not to use it. I moved into a house that was a rental for 10 yrs.. one area is
  • Suzette T
    Suzette T Philadelphia, PA
    Wanda, Thank you for your time and trouble to help me with this issue. I go as far as this EVERY YEAR and I am still pulling more hair out of my head then weeds out of my gardens. I lay down rugs in the fall and thats after I scatter weed killer and
Old World Garden Farms