6 Tips To Eliminate Weeds In Your Garden!

Weeds. The enemy of gardeners the world around! They are responsible for choking the life from vegetable and flower gardens, while stealing life-giving nutrients away from our plants. Weeds are also the reason many gardeners throw their hands up by mid-summer and call it a year.

It simply doesn't have to be that way. In fact, some of the most time-consuming chores we have been led to believe help with gardening and weeds - are actually the main culprit to creating more! Simply by eliminating those weed promoting practices, and replacing with a few time and labor saving methods - you can all but eliminate the issue of weeds in your garden.

We spend no more than 10 minutes a day handling all of the chores in our garden - including weeding - and that's not a misprint! The first step is realizing that eliminating weeds in a garden is a process and not a one time thing. But don't let that scare you - the process is simple and leads to a productive and beautiful garden in a fraction of the time.

Here are six ways we keep our garden weed free - and fun to be and work in!

To see more: http://oldworldgardenfarms.com/2013/03/19/6-tips-to-eliminate-weeds-from-your-garden/

on This Post

• Bill Croley
    Bill Croley Saraland, AL
    I can handle the weeds but those darn flies ruin my tomatoes before they can grow up. Nothing is better than a tomato fresh from the garden but those flies mark them up and make them dry,. What can I do about it.
  • Suzette T
    Suzette T Philadelphia, PA
    As the grounds- keeper for 5.5-acre horse Polo stable my gardens are constantly full of weeds I literally if budget permitted hire two people full time to Just weed . Now I have done the vinegar thing the PREEN thing everything from newspaper to rugs to
    • Wanda sinnema
      Wanda sinnema Seattle, WA
      Suzette T Have you weeded then mulched.. different areas prefer different things.. While not a fan of beauty bark (cedar) it does work..some compost works good too and is good for
  • Lee Detrick
    Lee Detrick West Liberty, OH
    You folks who use the vinegar solution are just fooling yourselves. I used it all last summer; it seems to be killing the weeds, but they come back up again. It's not worth it; I am going back to Roundup or something similar.
    • Wanda sinnema
      Wanda sinnema Seattle, WA
      Lee Detrick many states are banning it.... Washington for one, not sure exact date.. I also prefer not to use it. I moved into a house that was a rental for 10 yrs.. one area is
  • Suzette T
    Suzette T Philadelphia, PA
    Wanda, Thank you for your time and trouble to help me with this issue. I go as far as this EVERY YEAR and I am still pulling more hair out of my head then weeds out of my gardens. I lay down rugs in the fall and thats after I scatter weed killer and
  • Suzette T
    Suzette T Philadelphia, PA
    Dear Wanda, Thank you for attempting to help. I have literally worked all days through the rain using my hand tiller (Tall tool with four prongs at its bottom to turn and break up soil ) to break up soil pour weed killer so it would get soaked into the
    • DORLIS
      DORLIS Silex, MO
      Suzette T EVEN THOUGH YOU GET THE PLANT AND IT'S RUNNNERS, YOU STILL HAVE THE SEEDS TO DEAL WITH. AS YOU DIG AND TURN THE SOIL, YOU BRING NEW SEEDS TO THE SURFACE, THEY SPROUT AND
Old World Garden Farms