6 Tips To Eliminate Weeds In Your Garden!

Weeds. The enemy of gardeners the world around! They are responsible for choking the life from vegetable and flower gardens, while stealing life-giving nutrients away from our plants. Weeds are also the reason many gardeners throw their hands up by mid-summer and call it a year.

It simply doesn't have to be that way. In fact, some of the most time-consuming chores we have been led to believe help with gardening and weeds - are actually the main culprit to creating more! Simply by eliminating those weed promoting practices, and replacing with a few time and labor saving methods - you can all but eliminate the issue of weeds in your garden.

We spend no more than 10 minutes a day handling all of the chores in our garden - including weeding - and that's not a misprint! The first step is realizing that eliminating weeds in a garden is a process and not a one time thing. But don't let that scare you - the process is simple and leads to a productive and beautiful garden in a fraction of the time.

Here are six ways we keep our garden weed free - and fun to be and work in!

• Weed Free gardens produce higher yields
  • Cover crops keep the soil from eroding and weed seeds from finding a home
  • Bare soil is an invitation for weeds and weed seeds to find a home.
  • A weed free garden is a healthy garden
  • Walking rows can be kept free of weeds without tilling by using mulch
  • The joy of fresh produce from the garden

To see more: http://oldworldgardenfarms.com/2013/03/19/6-tips-to-eliminate-weeds-from-your-garden/

• Elizabeth Sagarminaga
    Elizabeth Sagarminaga Mission Viejo, CA
    Nice idea, thanks for sharing the pictures and the ideas with all of us here. Many use harsh chemicals to get rid off weeds but I do not prefer them. Instead one can use household tips for the purpose. Have a look. http://bit.ly/19BFHC5
  • Janet Botten
    Help! I have a bed of Gout Weed that is spreading into my lawn and flower beds. It spreads by rhizomes just under under the soil. I have tried barrier methods, but the roots just grow deeper. I really don't want to get rid of the bed because it puts on a
  • DORLIS
    DORLIS Silex, MO
    I had trouble with weeds coming from "garden soil." it contained thistle, dock, burdock and poke weed in addition to many grasses, etc. I used 1 gallon white vinegar with 1 cup Dawn dish soap. Put it in a sprayer and even the thistle is no more. just be
  • Do-It-Yourself Danielle
    Excellent tips! I need to try some because we get a lot of weeds and we don't have a huge garden. Maybe I'll try mulching with all the dried up grass we end up with :)
  • Bill Croley
    Bill Croley Saraland, AL
    I can handle the weeds but those darn flies ruin my tomatoes before they can grow up. Nothing is better than a tomato fresh from the garden but those flies mark them up and make them dry,. What can I do about it.
Old World Garden Farms