Board, Batten and Beauty on a Budget: Cottage Charm Hallway Reveal

Decorating Ideas 03.03.16
I've always dreamed of living in a 1920-30's craftsman style cottage, but our family has been quite content in the location of our current home for the past 14 years. Come see how adding board and batten and gallery shelves has given the hallway in our 80's ranch style home a little more the cottage charm that I love.

To see more: http://www.simplicityinthesouth.com/2013/03/board-and-batten-on-a-budget-hallway-reveal.html

Do you have a question about this post?

Ask Here!

• Rustic Crafts & Chic Decor - Renee
    I have been wanting to do this and now I feel just like Sharon @ mrs. hines class and want to get-er done right now!
  • Jillian @ JST Design
    Beautiful hallway transformation, I love the look of the board and batten with the shelves! Great job! :)
  • Karen rhinevault
    Karen rhinevault Mulino, OR
    I'm wondering about the lower walls--were they textured? If so, does that make a problem in adding the strips or does anyone have an inexpensive way to get rid of the texture? All I can think of is covering w/texture paint or???? or sanding (ugh messy).
  • Leslie Crawford
    Leslie Crawford Cartersville, GA
    Love it! I have wanted to do that in my back entry hall but can't motivate my spouse to do it....I guess I should just learn how and get 'er done!
  • Nikki
    Nikki Fenton, MO
    WOW!! I love this!!!!
Tricia @ Simplicity In The South