How To Make Homemade Goo Gone

Recycled glass jars and bottles can be put to lots of good use around the house for storage or decorating. The most challenging part of recycling glass jars, however, can be getting the label completely off with no traces of the sticky gunk left behind. In the past I've used a product called Goo Gone for this job and it's always worked well. But guess what? You can make your own Goo Gone by simply combining vegetable oil and baking soda. I tested it out on a couple little glass jars and it really does work! You can click on the link below to read the complete instructions.
Time: 5 Minutes Difficulty: Easy

To see more: http://www.themakeyourownzone.com/2013/03/homemade-goo-gone-does-it-work.html

Do you have a question about this post?

Ask Here!

• Cginter
    Yes the oil works great,I do not even use the soda,but will try it
  • Patti
    Patti Carmel, NY
    What's worse than buying a plastic keep cool container, only to ruin it trying to get the goo off? When I work out in the yard I like to have one of these containers usually in a bright color so I can find it, but I have ruined so many trying to get the
  • Tinamills
    tinamills Greensboro, NC
    If you already have a can of WD-40 spray some on a cloth and rub the sticky part and then wash the jar.
  • Casey Gragg
    Casey Gragg Houston, TX
    I like this Goo Gone recipe thank you. I'm going to make a batch today, I'm hoping it works on plastic's too? I'm a crazy crafter and recycle a lot of things I have the best ketsup and mustard bottles I want to remove labels from and re-use for paints I
  • Bev @ The Make Your Own Zone
    I have not tried it yet on plastic, but it seems like it should work on different surfaces. Repurposing ketchup and mustard bottles sounds like a great idea for craft supplies!
Bev @ The Make Your Own Zone