How To Make Homemade Goo Gone

Household 3 days ago
Recycled glass jars and bottles can be put to lots of good use around the house for storage or decorating. The most challenging part of recycling glass jars, however, can be getting the label completely off with no traces of the sticky gunk left behind. In the past I've used a product called Goo Gone for this job and it's always worked well. But guess what? You can make your own Goo Gone by simply combining vegetable oil and baking soda. I tested it out on a couple little glass jars and it really does work! You can click on the link below to read the complete instructions.
Time: 5 Minutes Difficulty: Easy
  • BEFORE - these labels were not coming off easily
  • I mixed up some homemade Goo Gone with vegetable oil and baking soda
  • AFTER - I was able to get my recycled bottles nice and clean!
  • 2 easy ingredients

To see more:

• Jenna lindhorst
    jenna lindhorst New Braintree, MA
    thanks so much when i was littler i used to stick stickers everywhere!! now i can finaly get them off before my grandmother gets to my house from new jersey and not be disappointed that a 13 year old has stickers of dora on her dresser 😂😂
  • Linda Partridge
    Linda Partridge Sherman, TX
    You can also use a hairdryer on it and peel it right off.....let it get hot good before trying to peel and wipe for me...
  • Linda Weeks
    Linda Weeks Street, MD
    I think I will try all of these suggestions!
  • Me
    Me Tacoma, WA
    I only use goo gone if I'm in a hurry. My preferred method to remove labels is to put them in very hot and very soapy water and leave them overnight. I try to find a container just a little larger that the jar I'm treating so I can use a high ratio of
  • Cginter
    Yes the oil works great,I do not even use the soda,but will try it
Bev @ The Make Your Own Zone

Search Feedback