Hi There Here's how you can get the most out of your home & garden social network: Go home

A Butterfly Feeder Jar

Decor Ideas 01.12.15
Make a butterfly feeder jar just in time for spring. Use an old jar or jug with a tight fitting lid. Embellish the jar with glass paints and stencils. Make a hole in the jar lid with a drill or nail and thread strings, a piece of fabric or sponge through the hole. Fill the jar with sugar water, add the lid and hang upside down. Butterflies will soon be stopping by for a sip of nectar. #Easter #Spring #SpringDecor #OutdoorProjects #PowerofPaint #Bestof2013 #ThinkSpring

To see more: http://carolynshomework.blogspot.com/2013/03/celebrations-spring-fling.html

38 Comments | Add a Comment Displaying 19 of 38 comments | See Previous
  • Maria Denton
    Maria Denton Salt Lick, KY
    To keep ants off feeders spray the hook, handle, etc with Pam. Works great they can't go up it.
  • Denise
    Denise Pensacola, FL
    Vaseline makes a great barrier between the ants and the sweet stuff. I put a glob of vaseline at the bottom of my shepherd's hook to keep ants out of my hummingbird feeders.
  • Rose S
    Rose S Marietta, GA
    sounds like a wonderful idea. But how does one keep the ants away? I have a tough time keeping them out of my hummingbird feeder!
  • Debby Boyle
    Debby Boyle Necedah, WI
    That's cool!!
  • Elaine E. R
    rub vaseline on the hanger (string, metal, whatever) of the feeder. the ants get stuck in the vaseline before getting to the feeders; this idea works with hangers of hummingbird feeders also. I've been hanging some of my birdfeeders on a shepherds hook
  • Second Time Around Consignment
    I would just use food color to make the string turn red.
  • Irene
    Irene Montclair, CA
    How about cutting some pictures out of a magazine of butterflys and or flowers and using mod podge apply the pictures to the jug or jar. I think you are supposed to put the mod podge on the glass and then the picture and then more mod podge to seal the
  • Nancy a Butcher
    Nancy a Butcher Chillicothe, OH
    I love this, i am going to make me 2or 3 thank you, very pretty to !!
  • Janie Bishir-Prys
    Janie Bishir-Prys Marion, IN
    I bet you could use a 2 liter pop bottle...I think I might try it this weekend with the grand kids
  • Carolyn ~ homework
    Carolyn ~ homework Los Angeles, CA
    Janie Bishir-Prys A soda pop bottle would be perfect for kids! Have fun with your grand kids!
  • What Meegan Makes
    What Meegan Makes Las Vegas, NV
    How fun is this?? I really like it. Carolyn ~ homework
  • Carolyn ~ homework
    Carolyn ~ homework Los Angeles, CA
    Thank you What Meegan Makes :)
  • Holly Kelly
    Holly Kelly Appling, GA
    not sure why you have to hang it upside down...the string acts like a wick, just make sure it is long enough to reach the bottom of the glass container, and then hangs out a few inches or so.
  • Suz
    Suz Oklahoma City, OK
    ...have view many "feeder" ideals and this one is perfect! thanks for sharing!!
  • Anna Gregg
    Anna Gregg Oakdale, CA
    Anyone know how to keep the wasps away, they'd love this butterfly feeder! They are such pests!
Carolyn ~ homework

Posts You May Like

Continue browsing