Hometalk.com

19 Comments Displaying 15 of 19 comments | See Previous
  • Sherrie S Debary, FL
    It is very pretty but anything blooming now is especially enjoyable since it has little competition after a freeze/near freeze. I hope people keep posting plants that bloom during this colder weather. It cheers me up.
  • Jeanne B Athens, GA
    JKB, Athens, Ga.

My Tea Olive and Winter Honeysuckle are favorites too.

• Teresa D Snellville, GA
    *clapping Pretty! I can't wait for mine to bloom. This will be the first since I planted them. I've seen some of the ones at work starting to bloom too.
  • Tammie W Greenwood, IN
    I'm jealous!
  • Judy V Snellville, GA
    changing the subject, where can I buy a harlin glory bower tree in Atlanta,GA
  • Gail R Woodstock, GA
    What kind of hellebores are in your picture? I saw some recently whose blossoms face upward. What could those be?
  • KMS Woodworks Nederland, CO
    I still have a had time picturing flowers in January...I think our high yesterday was 13 degrees...the snow had stopped but the winds (20 mph) continue to blow.
  • Jeanne B Athens, GA
    I have Glory Bowers (shrub sized) which have a pink bloom in the summer. Is this what you're looking for?
  • Douglas Hunt New Smyrna Beach, FL
    @ Gail R: It's quite possible you saw Helleborus "Ivory Prince." It has beautiful upward-facing white blooms tinged with pink and green and has become something of the "hellebore du jour" in the last couple of years.
  • Judy V Snellville, GA
    didn't know they came in a shrub,where did you buy
  • Donna Dixson Buford, GA
    Judy, I think you are asking for a Clerodendron trichotomum 'Harlequin Glorybower'. You can probably find them in the spring at a Garden Center(as opposed to a big chain box store) Try the Family Garden Tree over near you. That store is owned by Dana
  • Love hellebores. They add beauty to our winter garden too.
  • Judy V Snellville, GA
    Four Seasons- Thanks will try that in spring
  • Karen M Vero Beach, FL
    this is a flower i always talk about planting but never do! Thanks for reminding me how pretty they are!!
  • Ricardo B Alpine, TX
    Was given a few healthy ones that I gleaned from a friend who separated hers from her healthy plantings.

I let them grow for a few seasons and then in the fall, I separated some healthy rootings and replanted them in various

• Likes

Karen M Elizabeth E Teresa D Glenda H Deborah C Faidra at  CA Global Inc Steve G