Hometalk.com

Backyard Escapes 02.14.14

A Fun and Easy Idea for Spring Gardening...Chalkboard Flower Pots

#OutdoorProjects Here's a fun little idea for spring planting...chalkboard flower pots! And they make great gifts, too! Just pop in pretty flowers and add an appropriate message...so versatile! Colorful tulips with a spring-y greeting or mums for fall...or maybe a poinsettia for Christmas...so many ways to use them! A complete tutorial can be found on my blog!
Time: 30 Minutes Cost: $2.00 Difficulty: Easy

To see more: http://confessionsofaplateaddict.blogspot.com/2013/03/a-fun-gift-ideachalkboard-flower-pots.html

19 Comments Displaying 15 of 19 comments | See Previous
  • Melissa Aldana Pompano Beach, FL
    easy and fun, love it
  • Thanks, Melissa!
  • HomeSpot HQ Durham, NC
    Great idea Debbie! This is such a simple way to label plants. BTW I think it's funny how your cats made a guest appearance on your blog ;)
  • Thanks so much! Yes, I couldn't have my blog without the help of my "staff!"
  • Debby Boyle Necedah, WI
    I like this idea!! Cool!
  • Thanks, Debby! So glad you like them!
  • Love this idea, Debbie :)
  • Thanks so much, Debbie! :-)
  • Cute and easy! Would make nice gifts for someone special. Thanks for sharing.
  • So glad you like them , Linda! :-)
  • Linda Syracuse, NY
    Do you need to then seal the pots after to keep the greeting in place ?
  • Linda, I suppose that you could. However, like the idea that it can be reusable and versatile for the person that I have given it to. :-)
  • Thanks, everyone, for the sweet comments! So glad that you like them! :-)
  • Tamra L Ben Wheeler, TX
    this would also be great with herbs planted in them and labled on the pots....cute!!
  • That's a great idea, Tamra! Thanks!