Chalkboard Subway Tile Backsplash for less than $20

Painting 05.30.15
We are slowly working on the kitchen and new countertops are on the list along with a back splash. Those are another year or two out though so in the meantime, after painting our cabinets, I created a fake subway tile back splash using chalkboard paint and a chalk marker. #BudgetUpgrade #ModernKitchen
Time: 5 Hours Cost: $20 Difficulty: Easy
  • From further back even it still looks amazing and like real tile.
  • An easy and cheap alternative to a boring painted back splash area. We aren't ready to tile our back splash yet but I wanted something fun to look at and decided to make my own fake tile.
  • Using chalkboard paint and chalk marker, we were able to draw straight horizontal lines using a level. We spaced the vertical lines about every five inches, which is about the length of a subway tile.
  • With less than $20 invested in my new backsplash, I love how it turned out! It definitely kicked the kitchen up a notch and makes me happy every time I walk in here.
  • Painting the cabinets this past summer was a lot of work that definitely paid off. This quick change to the kitchen backsplash area makes it feel more finished.

To see more: http://www.thebloominghydrangea.com/2013/03/chalkboard-subway-tile-backsplash.html

Ange Inspiring Hearts & Homes