Chalkboard Subway Tile Backsplash for less than $20

Room Makeovers 10.21.15

New Feature

Now you can ask questions on every Hometalk post to get more insight and information about your favorite projects!
We are slowly working on the kitchen and new countertops are on the list along with a back splash. Those are another year or two out though so in the meantime, after painting our cabinets, I created a fake subway tile back splash using chalkboard paint and a chalk marker. #BudgetUpgrade #ModernKitchen
Time: 5 Hours Cost: $20 Difficulty: Easy
  • From further back even it still looks amazing and like real tile.
  • An easy and cheap alternative to a boring painted back splash area. We aren't ready to tile our back splash yet but I wanted something fun to look at and decided to make my own fake tile.
  • Using chalkboard paint and chalk marker, we were able to draw straight horizontal lines using a level. We spaced the vertical lines about every five inches, which is about the length of a subway tile.
  • With less than $20 invested in my new backsplash, I love how it turned out! It definitely kicked the kitchen up a notch and makes me happy every time I walk in here.
  • Painting the cabinets this past summer was a lot of work that definitely paid off. This quick change to the kitchen backsplash area makes it feel more finished.

To see more:

Ange Inspiring Hearts & Homes

Search Feedback

{% slideIn.title() %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().cover_photo.alt %} {% slideIn.slide_post().media_count %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().summary %}

View Post