Penny Fireplace: A Penny for your thoughts? | Hometalk
27K Views

Penny Fireplace: A Penny for your thoughts?

27K Views
We have a lovely house here in southern Georgia with 4 original coal fireplaces. The tile in our dining room fireplace was old and badly damaged so after some Google inspiration and pricing new tiles, we went with pennies!! Check out our penny fireplace +the custom R for our last name. This was all majorly impart to our friend Dirk who is the expert when it comes to tile work and remodeling things.

Every other penny is fliped head to bottom with some treasure hunts along the way ;)
A littleless than 5400 pennies, reused base molding, Bondera used for the penny adhesive,brown grout, and 2 coats of poly urethane.
Time: 1 Weeks Cost: $200 Difficulty: Moderate

Have Questions About This Post?

• Nadine
    Nadine Houston, TX

very unique and creative!

• Amy
    Amy Old Forge, PA

Awesome work. I created a penny floor but I am really enjoying the fireplace. Lots of info on my website about doing this... including a template to lay the tiles onto mesh so you don't have to mess the house up until all the sheets are completed!

• KVS Mint Coin Tile
    KVS Mint Coin Tile Saint Charles, IL

http://www.kvsmintcointile.com for premade penny tile sheets

• Betsy Vozary

Aajust an FYI...the floor part in front of the fireplace is called a hearth.

• Sandy Hartnett
    Sandy Hartnett Philadelphia, PA

Gorgeous! Hugs

­