Painting fabric upholstery with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint

Painting 2 days ago
We painted the outdated upholstery on these antique chairs with a mixture of 50% Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Paris Grey and 50% water. We misted the fabric with a spray bottle of water with each coat of paint so that the fabric would absorb the paint and not be stiff. It took three coats of paint, with about 24 hours of drying time between each coat. We stenciled a french design on each chair using Annie Sloan Graphite. The blue stripe was stenciled with Aubusson Blue. We then distressed and glazed the arms and legs. You can see the full tutorial here: http://bella-tucker.com/2013/04/painting-fabr... #repurpose #painted fabric #painted upholstery #Annie Sloan Chalk Paint
  • Before and After of Annie Sloan Chalk Painted Upholstery
  • We painted this chair with Annie Sloan Paris Gray

To see more: http://bella-tucker.com/2013/04/painting-fabric-with-annie-sloan-chalk-paint/

• Candis Morgan
    Candis Morgan Australia
    I would like to paint my micro suede couch, will chalk paint work on that too?
  • Nancy Mitchell
    Nancy Mitchell Old Hickory, TN
    Hi! I found a very old fainting couch I like. I need to have it painted or reupolstere. The fabric is old and flowers in design. Would love to revive it! Any suggestions?
  • Vicki Boyd Messer
    Vicki Boyd Messer Riverview, FL
    no replys? need answers!
  • OhSally
    OhSally Lacey, WA
    Beautiful job...my 18-year-old granddaughter is just starting to think decor as she's getting to that first apartment age, and she was intrigued at what a difference a little paint and talent made in those chairs.
  • Louise May Heath
    Beautiful work, we'll done.. If you are open to a little advice try adding a medium to your chalk paint.. after your top coat is completely dry try using a soft bristle hair brush to lightly brush of any remain residue. If the piece is tufted or has
    • Louise May Heath
      I hadn't read the end of your post about the wax.. I just did.. lol.
Bella Tucker Decorative Finishes