Painting fabric upholstery with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint

We painted the outdated upholstery on these antique chairs with a mixture of 50% Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Paris Grey and 50% water. We misted the fabric with a spray bottle of water with each coat of paint so that the fabric would absorb the paint and not be stiff. It took three coats of paint, with about 24 hours of drying time between each coat. We stenciled a french design on each chair using Annie Sloan Graphite. The blue stripe was stenciled with Aubusson Blue. We then distressed and glazed the arms and legs. You can see the full tutorial here: http://bella-tucker.com/2013/04/painting-fab... #repurpose #painted fabric #painted upholstery #Annie Sloan Chalk Paint
  • Before and After of Annie Sloan Chalk Painted Upholstery
  • We painted this chair with Annie Sloan Paris Gray

To see more: http://bella-tucker.com/2013/04/painting-fabric-with-annie-sloan-chalk-paint/

• Laura
    Laura New Baltimore, MI
    I Misted my couch, then mixed Annie Sloan 50/50 with water and painted it on. It then sanded and applied Annie Sloan wax. Feels painted and waxed! Help!
    • Dottie Honeycutt
      Dottie Honeycutt Raleigh, NC
      Laura You shold try Heirloom Traditions FAB it will prime and seal your fabric without having to use wax.It is amazing.
  • Kaye Gonyer
    Kaye Gonyer Fountain City, WI
    If I am going to paint a couch and love seat with a kind of rough fabric is it going to work on the rough fabric? And I don't know about the wax on fabric
  • Ma_br1950
    I would like to paint a faded canvas fabric outdoor hammock. When it rains and the material gets wet and damp will the color transfer to our clothes? Or, do I need to use a clear sealer and if so, what brand and type?
  • Carmella Rapier
    Carmella Rapier Greenville, OH
    Would chalk paint work on an old tweed material?
  • Candis Morgan
    Candis Morgan Australia
    I would like to paint my micro suede couch, will chalk paint work on that too?
Bella Tucker Decorative Finishes