Hometalk.com

Hi There Here's how you can get the most out of your home & garden social network: Go home
07.20.12

?! paint colors & window treatments

Put me in a clients kitchen & bath and I have no problems picking just the right thing! My own home.. another story!

We've remodeled the bath completed, and now I have to paint and put up window treatments and I'm done! I am keeping the blue ceiling in the bathroom ... and need to keep the faux on the angle of the tray ceiling in the bedroom (hides lots of drywall flaws)

New paint - bath walls, bedroom walls and ceiling of tray. Thinking of a lighter tan and rid of the gold tone as much as possible. Same color in both rooms because there is no door to the bath.

Window treatments - quite a struggle. I want a soft treatment and would love to have panels, but the corner hutch stifles this idea unless the panel is ok to sit in front of the window. But note I also have a single window left of the bed. I like roman shades - but they cannot be pulled up all the way, right? I love opening the blinds during the day. '

Bedspread is new.. pure white. Wondering about white w/blue accents.. or even a solid light blue.

6 Comments Displaying 6 of 6 comments
  • Jan Britt Interiors
    Jan Britt Interiors Marietta, GA
    Becky Sue it was great to meet you at the Foundry! You have a very nice bedroom and bathroom. I love the idea of a white bedspread. I would love to see some light blue pillows on the bed. It will add a splash of color to the focal point of your room.
    This comment has been reported and is under admin review.
    This comment was hidden for violating Hometalk's guidelines.
  • Designs by Paisley { At Home with Paisley- Radio Show }
    I know the feeling! We are re-doing our Master as well. I am struggling!! Good luck
  • BeckySue, Certified Master K&B Designer
    Jan, thanks for the response! It was nice to meet you.. you are such a sweet lady!!

Im not sure why I was hung up on wanting drapes or panels, you are right, because of the hutch and varied window sizes using

• Melissa G
    Melissa G Atlanta, GA
    We have a similar ceiling in our bedroom, redone by the previous owner of our house. I love it. The walls and ceiling are a latte color and the tray part of the ceiling is just a shade or two darker. There is white trim and the panels of the tray have
  • Bernice H
    Bernice H Yakima, WA
    oh...I do love the ceiling!

Not to be in the same league, but about 13 years ago I put some stick on paper stars,( tiiiny liddle things), on the

• Virtual Window Treatments and Design
    You could consider mounting the roman shades above the window - all the way to the ceiling - as outside mounts and it will not only give the illusion of the window being bigger but when you raise the shades they will clear more of the window and let more
BeckySue, Certified Master K&B Designer
  • Likes

Kate Watt Snider Bernice H Lisa P