Hometalk.com

04.25.13

How do you keep cats off of the outdoor furniture?

Stray cats lay and spray my outdoor furniture how do i keep them off my patio and furniture?
19 Comments Displaying 15 of 19 comments | See Previous
  • Pamela Walker Chino, CA
    I was thinking the same thing R.V.R... but usually how a person treats animals is how they will treat kids. Very sad.
  • Kimberly C Queen Creek, AZ
    Nature Advocate, I do understand that cats can be annoying when they enter your yard, my mother in law had a horrible time trying to keep the neighbors cat out of her flower bed, she tried many things. I've never heard of the lily method but will keep it
  • R.V.R. Farris Natchitoches, LA
    Hi, Nature Advocate, I hadn't intended for the comment about plants with "lily" in the common name to be inane. While I did read your entire post (all of them), I evidently misunderstood what you had stated about certain lilies being toxic to other
  • Pamela Walker Chino, CA
    This will be the last comment I post on this thread due to the fact that I do not enjoy being in the company of such a mean hateful person.
  • Sherrie Nixa, MO
    I don't like to antagonize anyone but the comment about cats is totally inappropriate for this discussion. No one wants to torture or hurt any animal we are looking for solutions not killings.
  • R.V.R. Farris Natchitoches, LA
    Ditto, I'm through.
  • Carol G Abbeville, LA
    I dont want to kill the cats I just want to keep them off my patio because the are destroying my patio furniture by scratching in it and I have rattan furniture and some are antique and worth a lot of money. then they spray and it smells really bad.
  • Carol G Abbeville, LA
    the cats are really starting to destroy my whole patio. last nite they had a cat fight and broke several of my really nice flower pots and tore up my plants. NOW I HAVE HAD IT! I tried the vinegar thing ,I tried the citrus thing. I have tried every
  • Carol, My suggestion if you do not want to trap them and relocate them to a shelter. Contact your local animal control officer and request that they offer a solution to your issue. Plantings, spraying chemicals etc are only short term solutions or take a
  • Kimberly C Queen Creek, AZ
    To all, unfortunately most of you probably didn't read the end of my post because it is not shown without clicking on more but I did ask Nature Advocate to chill, looks like NA doesn't care.
  • Sherrie Nixa, MO
    Carol we live trap them. That is usually enough to keep them from coming back. We rent a live trap and trapped one and let him go and haven't seen him since. I put about 2 Tablespoons of tuna in the trap. I am doing it again this week to get another cat.
  • Yair Spolter Silver Spring, MD
    Hi everyone. I'm Yair from Hometalk Support. Just jumping in here to let you know that a number of comments were removed from this thread. Hometalk welcomes every member to express their opinions. However, our posting guidelines prohibit the use of
  • Carol G Abbeville, LA
    I am so sorry to have caused a problem! I just want the cats gone. The humane Society here in the part of LA that I live do not come pick up cats only stray dogs.
  • Pamela Walker Chino, CA
    Carol, you did not cause a problem. You asked a very valid question and what happened was just ugly and unnecessary, I think all of us can agree on that. I am very happy that Hometalk Support came in fixed the "problem".
  • Thanks Yair S. Carol, I would suggest if the local humane society does not handle cats, Which I find kinda strange, perhaps you can find through local animal shelters someone who would handle this for you. There are a lot of people out there that help
  • Likes

John @ AZ DIY Guy Dana Robinson