Growing Container Tomatoes in Six Easy Steps | Hometalk
12K Views

Growing Container Tomatoes in Six Easy Steps

12K Views
Container grown vegetables are a great alternative if you're limited on space or just looking for a more manageable form of small scale gardening. Click the link above for the full details on how to create your own.
  • growing container tomatoes in six easy steps, container gardening, gardening, Your list includes pots 12 in diameter or larger a used dryer sheet potting soil compost slow release fertilizer optional tomatoes

To see more: http://www.homeologymodernvintage.com/2013/04/growing-tomatoes-in-containers.html

Have Questions About This Post?

• Pam Shoesmith Probasco

I, too, use rocks to cover hole and have also seen people use scraps of landscaping fabric.

• Mary M
    Mary M Smyrna, TN

you can use a coffee filter (half of one) over the drainage hole if you don't want to use dryer sheet.

• Jolene Radula Wemyss
    Jolene Radula Wemyss Huntington Beach, CA

i started using window screen....works well for drainage & keeping the dirt in

• Bea F
    Bea F Corpus Christi, TX

All the ideas are great. I will use anything as long as I get some tomatoes. Thank you all for the information.

• Marilyn S
    Marilyn S Republic, OH

You can even use used coffee filters to cover the holes. Used coffee grounds are good for the soil and we put the filters and grounds in the compost pile.

­