Updating a wall with Board and Batten

Basement 06.11.15
My living room wall was in need of a change. When, I first moved into our house I painted one wall in our living room a very dark wine color. It was supposed to be the accent wall that everybody would look to and admire. Well, after 6 years of living with this dark red wall we decided to do board and batten. I must say the little wall looks so much better than it did. I don't know why it didn't do it sooner. If you would like more details please visit my blog.
  • The board and batten wall has really lightened up this space and has made the room feel bigger.
  • I wanted to add a little ledge for more detail.
  • Supplies: Board: 1/4" Birch plywood - 4' x 8' sheets (we chose the plywood to create a smooth texture). You can also just paint the wall white and add the batten. Batten: 1/2" MDF - 4' x 8' sheets...
  • We glued the plywood to the wall using liquid nails and finished off the trim and batten with our trusty nail gun. We used paintable caulk to fill in any cracks and nail filler.
  • Here is the dark paint color before. The board and batten improved this space.

To see more: http://keepcalmanddecorate.blogspot.com/2013/04/board-and-batten-reveal.html

Melissa @ Keep Calm and Decorate