Homemade Dishwasher Detergent {for spot-free dishes}

homemade cleaners 3 days ago
While cleaning out my kitchen for an upcoming move, I ran across the ingredients for homemade dishwasher detergent that had been sitting around unused.

The recipe is simple, the result is even better. It cleans your dishes and there won't be a residue left in the dishwasher.

What could be better.

All you need:

2 C. Borax

2 C. Baking Soda

6 oz. LemiShine (available at Target, Walmart, and most grocery stores)

Mix together. Use 1 T. per full load.

on This Post

• Rosemary Armesto
    Rosemary Armesto Fuquay Varina, NC
    I followed a tip from book similar to these using Borax - the next day my washer was dead. The repairman said, not to use that or Baking soda. They fix and bubble and can mess up the inner workings of your machine. Had to buy a new one. :( Costs more to
  • Rosemary Armesto
    Rosemary Armesto Fuquay Varina, NC
    I followed a tip from book similar to these using Borax - the next day my washer was dead. The repairman said, not to use that or Baking soda. They fizz and bubble and can mess up the inner workings of your machine. Had to buy a new one. :( Costs more to
  • Grandma jean
    grandma jean Fargo, ND
    My repairman told me it's not the quality of the detergent but the quantity. He said use ONLY 2 teaspoons.
  • Sandy M
    I already have a water softener so I don't need the lemishine and I actually use the homemade laundry detergent also in my dishwasher and only use 1 teaspoon. It has a tiny amount of the soap in it.
  • Mariedmonaco
    Once you've loaded your dishwasher, add 1 cup of cleaning vinegar or white vinegar, run the dish washer. The vinegar cleans the calcium out of the dishwasher hoses, makes the machine last forever, and does a great job on the dishes. My glass dish set was
The Seasoned Homemaker