Homemade Dishwasher Detergent {for spot-free dishes}

DIY CLEANERS 05.26.15
While cleaning out my kitchen for an upcoming move, I ran across the ingredients for homemade dishwasher detergent that had been sitting around unused.

The recipe is simple, the result is even better. It cleans your dishes and there won't be a residue left in the dishwasher.

What could be better.

All you need:

2 C. Borax

2 C. Baking Soda

6 oz. LemiShine (available at Target, Walmart, and most grocery stores)

Mix together. Use 1 T. per full load.

• All you need to make homemade dishwasher detergent.
  • Just mix the ingredients together. Add 1 T. to a full load.
  • To learn more about the ingredients, visit: http://www.seasonedhomemaker.com/2013/05/homemade-dishwashing-detergent-2.html
  • Lela
    Lela Mount Morris, IL
    ~This is the formula I have been using for over 2 yrs ( I made a Double Batch & it's lasted 2yrs.. I still have enough that should last another couple of months) .....**1 cup Washing Soda, 1 cup Baking Soda, 1 cup of Borax, & 1/2 cup Citric Acid ** After
  • Glenna
    Glenna Vancouver, WA
    I have used the Chrystal Light-Lemon when i thought the dw needed to be cleaned. Worked just fine.
  • Rosemary Armesto
    Rosemary Armesto Fuquay Varina, NC
    I followed a tip from book similar to these using Borax - the next day my washer was dead. The repairman said, not to use that or Baking soda. They fix and bubble and can mess up the inner workings of your machine. Had to buy a new one. :( Costs more to
  • Rosemary Armesto
    Rosemary Armesto Fuquay Varina, NC
    I followed a tip from book similar to these using Borax - the next day my washer was dead. The repairman said, not to use that or Baking soda. They fizz and bubble and can mess up the inner workings of your machine. Had to buy a new one. :( Costs more to
  • Grandma jean
    grandma jean Fargo, ND
    My repairman told me it's not the quality of the detergent but the quantity. He said use ONLY 2 teaspoons.
The Seasoned Homemaker