Hometalk.com

DIY Garden Art

I wanted to add some new elements to my back garden this year.I wanted something that sparkled and stood out among the plants as they start to grow and bloom.And, because you know me, and my lack of patience, it had to be easy. I grabbed an empty jar, some flat sided marbles and some good glue and went to work. #thinkspring #springfever

To see more: http://www.kathewithane.com/2013/05/garden-art.html

47 Comments Displaying 15 of 47 comments | See Previous
  • Anne Martin I have used clear window silicone (shown in the photo above) and E6000 glue and have had no issues. My preferred adhesive for glass to glass is the E6000 but I was out of it when I
  • Anne Martin La Vergne, TN
    Thanks Kathe.....I did use E6000 because I use it on jewelry but when it got wet the baubles fell off....glue gun did great today and I made four of them. I did not put on posts I am just sitting them around on my patio tables....love this idea. What
  • Barbara Canada
    You can use silicone instead of glue it works great for sticking outdoor things together
  • Joyce D Hallstead, PA
    Great idea! Simple and colorful. Something to do when it is 90 degrees out, and you have no desire to weed garden beds in that kind of heat!!
  • Bernice H Yakima, WA
    I have terrible issues with E6000, I have several kinds of sealant in my drawer, and just went to buy more Silicone clear...my things have been out in the weather for several years now. E6000...too runny for me! But many have good success with it.
  • Cynthia Dawsonville, GA
    Love this idea. I just did a mosaic with the same glass beads. However if there are any left over I may just have to make something for the garden.
  • Crystal london Olivehurst, CA
    Love these.So clever. I'm new to this DIY projects but,can't wait to try this with the gr.kids
  • Cindy tustin Arcadia, KS
    I use jute purchased at the dollar tree to make hangers for my solar jars. I have a work table 2 ft wide and i loop the jute around it 4 times giving me 8 strands. I tie a knot in the 8 strands about 4 inches up making sure I Have the cut ends included.
  • Cindy Columbia, MO
    yes a nice little project to make your garden yours , awesome idea ,thanks for sharing
  • Leola Zakos Pensacola, FL
    i did a bolding ball this way abount 10 years ago still beatiful it is blue stones use the glue that is water proff it is heavy as my light ones were stolen
  • Mary Pelczar Lawrence, MA
    great idea
  • Chiquita Zola Queens Village, NY
    WELL I TELL YOU ,VERY NICE IDEA.
  • Alice Harley-Wosnig Mableton, GA
    I have done this with my wine bottles for my bottle tree. I have a few more bottles to do before I order the tree. thread LED icicle lights in them and I'll be ready to show it off.
  • Alice Harley-Wosnig Mableton, GA
    Yes I will. Each string of the lights will be in a wine bottle. Have to get a heavy duty extention cord I can bury to light them with and put them on a timer for dusk to dawn. LED will be a lot cheaper and they last almost forever.