DIY Garden Art

I wanted to add some new elements to my back garden this year.I wanted something that sparkled and stood out among the plants as they start to grow and bloom.And, because you know me, and my lack of patience, it had to be easy. I grabbed an empty jar, some flat sided marbles and some good glue and went to work.

To see more: http://www.kathewithane.com/2013/05/garden-art.html

Do you have a question about this post?

Ask Here!

• Glenda T
    Glenda T Arlington, TX
    Do you glue marbles on the bottom of the jar which later is the top? If so, does enough sunlight get in to charge the battery?
    • Carol Shenkenberg
      Carol Shenkenberg Milwaukee, WI
      Glenda T Yes, glue marbles to what becomes the top. I put the solar light on some styrofoam so the battery is at the top. Sunlight DOES get through to charge the battery.
  • Pam
    Pam Tifton, GA
    Does this glue dry clear? And hold over time?
    • Carol Shenkenberg
      Carol Shenkenberg Milwaukee, WI
      We are all big Packer fans around here, and I bought green and gold marbles and painted Packer G's on some of the green ones. Everyone I've given them to love them...just a little something that doesn't cost much and makes people smile when you give them
  • Pam
    Pam Tifton, GA
    Cool Thanks! Can't wait to make one
  • Jlri4
    jlri4 Lincoln, NE
    I tried using hot glue to glue on gems. Does the quick seal glue hold better
    • Bernice H
      Bernice H Palm Desert, CA
      We have unanimously found clear silicone bath/outdoor caulk to be the sturdiest. I used it on my bowling balls ,cd' twisters,etc and after years in weather...still going strong. Some use other glues etc that do not hold up over time. Lots of comments
  • Bernice H
    Bernice H Palm Desert, CA
    I notice this is dap clear. is it really clear? I have had it,and in using it it comes out of the tube white. So I didn't use it on my projects. Does it dry clear,because it is white when it comes out???
Kathe With An E (Kathe)