DIY Project: Turn Dinnerware Into a Jewelry Tray | Hometalk
5.7K Views

DIY Project: Turn Dinnerware Into a Jewelry Tray

Tea pots, cups and saucers on Jul 10, 2016
5.7K Views
Want to turn a few unused items into an elegant, masterfully designed DIY project? All you need are a few pieces of dinnerware and a pair of candlesticks! While you could use this creation for a mini cupcake tray or serving platter, we think it's perfect as a unique jewelry display. No one else will have a way to keep their baubles organized quite like this!
You'll need: two candlesticks, a small bowl, two differently sized plates (one large and one small) and E-6000 glue.
Note: We found an awesome set of matching plates at Target, but any set of teacup saucers or appetizer plates will work. If you don't have a pair of candlesticks, head to your local thrift store to pick up a few.
How to:
1. Add glue around the bottom of one candlestick, focusing on the candlestick edge (the part that will be touching the plate below it). Press the bottom of the candlestick down onto the center of your base plate (make sure it's the larger of the two plates).
More:
  • diy project turn dinnerware into a jewelry tray, crafts, repurposing upcycling

Have Questions About This Post?

• Karla @ Small Town Rambler
    Karla @ Small Town... Waynesboro, VA

I love this...what a great idea! Thank you for sharing!

• Stephanie Ostrowski
    Stephanie Ostrowski Mooresville, NC

You mean candle stick holders not candle sticks. I found them at Dollar Tree for $1.00 each.

• Bev
      Bev Leavenworth, KS

@Stephanie Ostrowski We call these "candle sticks", what goes inside the "candle stick" is called a "candle". >)

• Rosa Marie
    Rosa Marie Thebes, IL

OK, thank you for replying.

• Rosa Marie
    Rosa Marie Thebes, IL

ok, I just saw you were in Jackson, Mo. :-) Where is the shop, I will go there?

• Rosa Marie
      Rosa Marie Thebes, IL

@Linda Phillips ok I love Tractors.

• Stephanie Ostrowski
    Stephanie Ostrowski Mooresville, NC

Thank you for setting me straight.

­