DIY Project: Turn Dinnerware Into a Jewelry Tray

CRAFT CORNER 3 days ago
Want to turn a few unused items into an elegant, masterfully designed DIY project? All you need are a few pieces of dinnerware and a pair of candlesticks! While you could use this creation for a mini cupcake tray or serving platter, we think it's perfect as a unique jewelry display. No one else will have a way to keep their baubles organized quite like this!

You'll need: two candlesticks, a small bowl, two differently sized plates (one large and one small) and E-6000 glue.

Note: We found an awesome set of matching plates at Target, but any set of teacup saucers or appetizer plates will work. If you don't have a pair of candlesticks, head to your local thrift store to pick up a few.

How to:

1. Add glue around the bottom of one candlestick, focusing on the candlestick edge (the part that will be touching the plate below it). Press the bottom of the candlestick down onto the center of your base plate (make sure it's the larger of the two plates).

More: https://brightnest.com/posts/diy-project-tur...

• Linda Stone
    Linda Stone Inman, SC
    Very nice! I see candlesticks and plates at Goodwill all the time. I plan to make one of these for my daughter's downstairs bathroom, which has a very small vanity. Yours turned out very pretty!
  • Don
    Don Calhoun, TN
    Cy
  • Linda Phillips
    Linda Phillips Jackson, MO
    I've been making these for about 2 yrs. What started out as gifts ended up as a hobby - selling them at craft fairs. Plates, saucers, bowls glued to candle sticks, vases, small goblets, even ceiling light globes. Some two or three tiered, some single
    • BrightNest
      BrightNest Denver, CO
      Linda Phillips do you have a website that we could check out? :)
    • Linda Phillips
      Linda Phillips Jackson, MO
      BrightNest I don't have a website, but as of Nov., I am selling my creations in a booth at Vintage Marketplace Shabby Chic to Antiques in Jackson, MO. The Christmas season has
    • Rosa Marie
      Rosa Marie Thebes, IL
      Linda Phillips Linda, How do I get to your site..web page?
    • Linda Phillips
      Linda Phillips Jackson, MO
      Rosa Marie you can see some of my pedestal plates at the facebook page of Vintage Marketplace Shabby Chic to Antique. It is an antique store where I have a booth. The owner posts
  • Linda Phillips
    Linda Phillips Jackson, MO
    Sorry, no web site. Just selling local at craft shows.
  • Karla @ Small Town Rambler
    I love this...what a great idea! Thank you for sharing!
  • Stephanie Ostrowski
    Stephanie Ostrowski Mooresville, NC
    You mean candle stick holders not candle sticks. I found them at Dollar Tree for $1.00 each.
  • Rosa Marie
    Rosa Marie Thebes, IL
    OK, thank you for replying.
  • Rosa Marie
    Rosa Marie Thebes, IL
    ok, I just saw you were in Jackson, Mo. :-) Where is the shop, I will go there?
BrightNest