Make Easy Bird Feeders from Recycled Coffee Cans

05.16.16
Spring is here and the birds have returned from their winter homes. Make them up some cute feeders from coffee cans. Add in the right kind of food and you could be listening to the beautiful song birds in no time.
Time: 1 Hour Difficulty: Easy
Only use actual metal cans. The cardboard ones will not hold up in the weather.
Remove the bottom with a can opener and take off the label.
Paint your can up and seal with a water proof sealant.
Cut the top of the can in half and hot glue each half onto each of the ends of the can.
Add two tiny nail holes to the top. String through twine and tie in a knot.
Fill with food, hang in a tree, and watch the birdies come to eat.

To see more: http://www.thethriftinessmiss.com/2013/01/easy-coffee-can-bird-feeders.html

• Bev Deardurff
    Bev Deardurff Belle Center, OH
    Coffee comes in plastic containers. I drink Flodgers. My preference is to by beans, grind them, and percolate, not drip. Beans come in bags. I really like your idea. Couldn't you do the same with plastic cutting out half of the bottom? Plastic can be
    • Phillipcardjr
      phillipcardjr Endicott, NY
      Bev Deardurff Good day. a plastic coffee container could work . Instead of cutting the bottom all the way around only cut it halfway, then there will be no need to glue half the lid down there.
  • Elwanna
    Elwanna Fort Worth, TX
    Thank you for the inspiration
  • Darlene
    darlene Canada
    love it
  • Shelia A Bernard
    Clever! Grand-love projects.
  • Deborah Phillips
    Deborah Phillips Browns Summit, NC
    This is the perfect project for my 6-year old granddaughter and me to work on ASAP! We love to feed the birds! AND THE SQUIRRELS!!! I was wondering why I was saving those coffee tins!!! thank you! xoxoxo
The Thriftiness Miss