My watermelon looking propane tank

Our propane tank is small since it only is used for our fireplace. The propane tank was rusted and unsightly. I painted it to look like a watermelon with a ladybug on top. It is in the shade all the time, so no danger of overheating due to paint.

Do you have a question about this post?

Ask Here!

• Bonnie B
    Bonnie B Shingle Springs, CA
    KMS: The "K" of KMS must stand for "komedian" ! Once again you've slayed me with your humorous post ~ ! Is this what frigid temps encourage?
  • Terry M
    Terry M Quincy, IL
    Betty, you have to own your tank like we do to be able to paint them other than white or silver. Then if you paint them, they have to be in the shade so they don't blow up from the darker color and sun causing heat inside.
  • Betty
    Betty Cartersville, GA
    That is way cool . Do you ownyour tanks or rent them from the gas company. Do they not care if you paint them. I was getting ready yo try an plant a moon vine on an arbor that I was going to put in front of the tank. It sits off my porch , but in full
  • Julia F
    Julia F Raleigh, NC
    Very cool.
  • GEORGIA M
    GEORGIA M Orlando, FL
    very cute
  • Refined Vintage
    Refined Vintage West Bloomfield, MI
    Such a creative solution to an unsightly problem! Great job! I have shared on My Pinterest!
  • KMS Woodworks
    KMS Woodworks Nederland, CO
    Bonnie...here is a pic for some inspiration.
  • Allen B
    Allen B Sharpsburg, GA
    nice melon
  • Monica T
    Monica T Homestead, FL
    Very cute idea. I love ladybugs too!
  • EXOVATIONS
    EXOVATIONS Cumming, GA
    Very clever idea...
  • Bonnie B
    Bonnie B Shingle Springs, CA
    Hi, Susan: Thanks for the cute idea! But I'd rather have my tank "disappear" rather than accent it.
  • Bonnie B
    Bonnie B Shingle Springs, CA
    Hi, KMS: My water tank is blue -- not exactly cohesive with our Asian inspired garden (to say the least ~ :(
  • Diane I
    Diane I Jamestown, NC
    That is brilliant! 'Almost makes me want to get a propane tank.
  • Culpepper Carpets and Interiors, Inc.
    I am still smiling! That is adorable, may I share the photo?
  • KMS Woodworks
    KMS Woodworks Nederland, CO
    Bonnie...what color is your water tank now?...Is it just a rain collection tank for irrigation? Good water storage tanks are opaque to keep out the light which can lead to algae growth.
Terry M