My watermelon looking propane tank

05.19.16
Our propane tank is small since it only is used for our fireplace. The propane tank was rusted and unsightly. I painted it to look like a watermelon with a ladybug on top. It is in the shade all the time, so no danger of overheating due to paint.

Do you have a question about this post?

Ask Here!

• Bonnie B
    Bonnie B Shingle Springs, CA
    KMS: The "K" of KMS must stand for "komedian" ! Once again you've slayed me with your humorous post ~ ! Is this what frigid temps encourage?
  • Bonnie B
    Bonnie B Shingle Springs, CA
    KMS: Since you are such a knowledgeable individual, I have a question for you. I posted a question under Decks and Outdoor Living and haven't had much success with replies. My question is this: Where could I find "asian-inspired" fence post caps?
  • KMS Woodworks
    KMS Woodworks Nederland, CO
    Bonnie...I just posted to your post cap question.
  • Barbara G
    Barbara G Florence, SC
    this is adorable, what kind of paint did you use. What is the best type of paint to use for painting on bricks for outside projects?
  • Terry M
    Terry M Quincy, IL
    Barbara G, I used oil base for the green base color on the tank. I then used acrylic to paint the stripes. I used several coats of exterior sealer when done. I painted bricks on my sidewalk with a paint called Patio Paint by Plaid. It is hard to find
  • Susan S
    Susan S Fredericksburg, VA
    Terry I think the Patio Paint is the absolute best for the out door art projects. I used it when I was embellishing our deck w/b'flies, birds, etc. Some are on the top railing and have full blazing sun all day plus the deck boards get a lot of wear &
  • Carolyn B
    Carolyn B Castalia, NC
    I work for a propane co. and this is so cute....
  • Mildred H
    Mildred H Brentwood, TN
    You are very talented.

It's adorable.

• Roxy D
    Roxy D Gainesville, GA
    Very clever. I like.
  • Bernice H
    Bernice H Palm Desert, CA
    I LOVE THIS!! Talk about making a silk purse out of a sow's ear , is that how it goes? Take the elephant in the room and make it shine!
  • Nancy S
    Nancy S Lagrange, GA
    How clever.
  • Barrett etc
    barrett etc Grafton, WI
    WOW!
  • Linda @ Mixed Kreations
    How adorable! That is just too cute!
  • Loretta Clark
    Loretta Clark Decatur, AL
    Great great idea. How talented!
  • Mary M. Prinzavalli
    Mary M. Prinzavalli Saint Louis, MO
    This is cute. I had to chuckle when I saw it. What did you use to make the small lady bug at the bottom of the tank?
  • Avita
    Avita Canada
    How awesome!!!!! I love it!!! 😊
  • Sue Kiene
    it is adorable. Not sure if it can be seen from the road but xan you imagine driving down the road and seeing that beside a house? I agree about it making me smile when I saw it.
  • Debi @ Add Value To Your Home
    Too cute for words!!!!
  • Amanda
    Amanda Powell, TN
    You are very talented and this is adorable! As a firefighter when I read painted propane my inner bells and whistles started alarming. I'm very happy you knew to not paint it a dark color because as the amount of propane lowers the risk of explosion
    • Sue Kiene
      Amanda I am sure this will be taken well by all because many would not think about what colors they were painting it. You are very right about what you said
  • Amanda
    Amanda Powell, TN
    @Sue -Thank you :)
Terry M