My watermelon looking propane tank

diy 04.06.15
Our propane tank is small since it only is used for our fireplace. The propane tank was rusted and unsightly. I painted it to look like a watermelon with a ladybug on top. It is in the shade all the time, so no danger of overheating due to paint.
  • Terry M
    Terry M Quincy, IL
    Betty, you have to own your tank like we do to be able to paint them other than white or silver. Then if you paint them, they have to be in the shade so they don't blow up from the darker color and sun causing heat inside.
  • Bonnie B
    Bonnie B Shingle Springs, CA
    KMS: The "K" of KMS must stand for "komedian" ! Once again you've slayed me with your humorous post ~ ! Is this what frigid temps encourage?
  • Bonnie B
    Bonnie B Shingle Springs, CA
    KMS: Since you are such a knowledgeable individual, I have a question for you. I posted a question under Decks and Outdoor Living and haven't had much success with replies. My question is this: Where could I find "asian-inspired" fence post caps?
  • KMS Woodworks
    KMS Woodworks Nederland, CO
    Bonnie...I just posted to your post cap question.
  • Barbara G
    Barbara G Florence, SC
    this is adorable, what kind of paint did you use. What is the best type of paint to use for painting on bricks for outside projects?
  • Terry M
    Terry M Quincy, IL
    Barbara G, I used oil base for the green base color on the tank. I then used acrylic to paint the stripes. I used several coats of exterior sealer when done. I painted bricks on my sidewalk with a paint called Patio Paint by Plaid. It is hard to find
  • Susan S
    Susan S Fredericksburg, VA
    Terry I think the Patio Paint is the absolute best for the out door art projects. I used it when I was embellishing our deck w/b'flies, birds, etc. Some are on the top railing and have full blazing sun all day plus the deck boards get a lot of wear &
  • Carolyn B
    Carolyn B Castalia, NC
    I work for a propane co. and this is so cute....
  • Mildred H
    Mildred H Brentwood, TN
    You are very talented.

It's adorable.

• Roxy D
    Roxy D Gainesville, GA
    Very clever. I like.
  • Bernice H
    Bernice H New York, NY
    I LOVE THIS!! Talk about making a silk purse out of a sow's ear , is that how it goes? Take the elephant in the room and make it shine!
  • Nancy S
    Nancy S Lagrange, GA
    How clever.
  • Barrett etc
    barrett etc Grafton, WI
    WOW!
  • Linda @ Mixed Kreations
    How adorable! That is just too cute!
  • Loretta Clark
    Loretta Clark Decatur, AL
    Great great idea. How talented!
Terry M