My little mini greenhouse

New Feature

Now you can ask questions on every Hometalk post to get more insight and information about your favorite projects!
I've ran out of recycled containers to start my seedlings, so I decided to make these little mini greenhouses out of plastic drink cups.
  • Theresa B
    Theresa B Oxford, MS
    I am a teacher and use the plastic cupcake boxes that the kids bring in holding their birthday cupcakes.
  • Carol
    Carol Kittanning, PA
    I save plastic cups and I have a dremmel. I could make this work on my narrow East facing windowsills. I,m excited. Snow, cold and sinus infection have me longing for Spring and getting back into the dirt again. I am driving my house plant nuts, fussing
  • Dr2361
    Dr2361 Lancaster, CA
    Is there any outgassing from the plastic in the sun to the new plants?
  • Les Golladay
    Les Golladay Albuquerque, NM
    I start with seeds to grow everything I've grown. But when i use the clear/cloudy plastic cups. The sun turns the dirt green where plastic touches dirt(all arouncup). and stunted the baby plants growth because the green is from the nutrients consumed
  • Les Golladay
    Les Golladay Albuquerque, NM
    Last year I started use 8 X 12 approx tins pans. Fill with dirt and plant seeds in rows about four rows and 8 seeds per row(32 per tin. Then I put in plastic bags from veg dept at grocery storeAND WATER ONCE... BAG KEEPS DIRT WET, DON'T HAVE TO KEEP

Search Feedback

{% slideIn.title() %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().cover_photo.alt %} {% slideIn.slide_post().media_count %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().summary %}

View Post