My little mini greenhouse

04.13.15
I've ran out of recycled containers to start my seedlings, so I decided to make these little mini greenhouses out of plastic drink cups.
  • Theresa B
    Theresa B Oxford, MS
    I am a teacher and use the plastic cupcake boxes that the kids bring in holding their birthday cupcakes.
  • Carol
    Carol Kittanning, PA
    I save plastic cups and I have a dremmel. I could make this work on my narrow East facing windowsills. I,m excited. Snow, cold and sinus infection have me longing for Spring and getting back into the dirt again. I am driving my house plant nuts, fussing
  • Dr2361
    Dr2361 Lancaster, CA
    Is there any outgassing from the plastic in the sun to the new plants?
  • Les Golladay
    Les Golladay Albuquerque, NM
    I start with seeds to grow everything I've grown. But when i use the clear/cloudy plastic cups. The sun turns the dirt green where plastic touches dirt(all arouncup). and stunted the baby plants growth because the green is from the nutrients consumed
  • Les Golladay
    Les Golladay Albuquerque, NM
    Last year I started use 8 X 12 approx tins pans. Fill with dirt and plant seeds in rows about four rows and 8 seeds per row(32 per tin. Then I put in plastic bags from veg dept at grocery storeAND WATER ONCE... BAG KEEPS DIRT WET, DON'T HAVE TO KEEP
CAROL H