Hometalk.com

35 Comments Displaying 15 of 35 comments | See Previous
  • Susan Laverty-Osborn Monticello, NY
    What kind of paint did you use?
  • Barb H Midlothian, IL
    thanks Sarah!!
  • Susan Laverty-Osborn i used rustoleum's universal
  • Susan Laverty-Osborn Monticello, NY
    Thank you !!
  • Annie Ann Del Rio Madera, CA
    looks great
  • I love this idea, thanks for sharing. Instead of a lighted candle you could also use one of those

battery type candles, that way if kids were around they couldn't get

• Vicki Miller Hoquiam, WA
    is the design on 1 or all sides
  • Vicki Miller i did my design on all sides so it could be seen from any angle, but it's totally up to you ;)
  • Teri Ferndale, WA
    Very cute idea. Im going to paint one to match my front porch colors and decorate it in a flower design. Can't wait to get started. Thanks for sharing.
  • G B Ripley, TN
    Trying this for my lawn party. Using butterfly stencils and frosted paint ('cause I have 2 cans)
  • Alexandra Arena Forest Hills, NY
    This is AMAZING! :)
  • Mindy Sytsma Sheridan, WY
    i've spray painted many jars. i use the rustoleum spray paint but the problem I have is with the paint chipping or scratching, etc. if knocked against something. I've sprayed them with protective finishes but it tends to change the texture of the paint
  • Mindy Sytsma I know what you mean. painted glass will eventually scratch + chip. i only apply this technique to items i plan to use through a season or two. i do know there are craft paints
  • Mindy Sytsma Sheridan, WY
    thanks so much for your reply!
  • Linda Stone Inman, SC
    Such a cute idea. Think I'll try this in the shape of a Christmas tree and maybe a star. Thanks for sharing!