Make Your Own Custom Flower Pots.

Flower Pots 04.23.15
Did you know that you can print on tissue paper? Simply wrap it around a piece of printer paper and you can run it through your printer to get the exact graphics that you want. Then all you have to do is adhere it to a flower pot with ModPodge and you have a beautiful custom flower pot.

To see more: http://artsyvava.blogspot.com/2013/05/need-tissueflower-pot.html

• LuAnne Frank
    LuAnne Frank Barto, PA
    tried this and it constantly jams my printer, please share how you wrap the tissue paper. Thank you
  • Virginia B
    Virginia B Fayetteville, GA
    I cut the tissue paper about an inch or 2 larger than the plain printer paper. Then I carefully fold it over and around the edges of the printer paper. Then I tape the edges of the tissue paper to the back of the printer paper making sure there are no
  • Virginia B
    Virginia B Fayetteville, GA
    The ModPodge is fine as a sealer if the pot is indoors or on a covered area. If it is going to be out in the weather, I would add a polyurethane sealer to be safe.
  • Virginia B
    Virginia B Fayetteville, GA
    Yes, I do use an ink jet printer. It bleeds just a very little but when I antiqued the pots you couldn't tell. You could try putting it on with the image face down. Just remember if you do it that way and you have writing on the image, you will need to
  • Vetsy
    Vetsy Spartanburg, SC
    Okay... Thanks..
  • Jeanette S
    Jeanette S Atlanta, GA
    STUNNING! Yes, this requires all caps! Great job! All sorts of things are running through my head at 3:21 AM (steroids to shrink sinus problem from pollen...of course...keeping me up). Flowers for centerpiece vases...just put theme...wedding, baby
  • Flora
    Flora Inverness, FL
    These are lovely.. thanks for reminding me that I used to do this... before I moved and had to leave (give) all my plants with friends. make great gifts as well.. Thanks again..
  • LuAnne Frank
    LuAnne Frank Barto, PA
    Thanks I will give it a try again.
  • Anne D
    Anne D Canada
    Thanks for the wonderful ideas and tips...:)
  • Lynda
    Lynda Gaffney, SC
    I've painted some but never tried that. I will tomorrow!

Here's a few that I've done.

• Valerie
    Valerie South Africa
    They are gorgeous!
  • Linda Jowers
    Printer on the fritz, but might look for some paper napkins to try this look. They do pretty good with the Modge Podge, but you have to be very careful not to use too much pressure - the single sheet with the pattern is fragile, but once the first layer
  • Linda
    Linda Syracuse, NY
    Luv the idea, but I think I'll cheat a bit, and use paper napkins (since I don't have a color printer) ... and decoupage them on.
    • Virginia B
      Virginia B Fayetteville, GA
      Linda That's a great solution if you don't have a printer (or even if you do). I have used napkins for lots of projects and they work great. Just make sure you separate the layers or they will bubble up. Have fun!
  • Karen Criner
    Karen Criner Winston Salem, NC
    Your pots are so beautiful and appreciate how you placed the prints! I have tried your idea in the past and had a lot of fun. If anyone does not have a printer, here are a few things you may use. Wrapping paper, wallpaper/samples and of course, designer
  • Sandy
    Sandy Sterling Heights, MI
    Wow effect
Virginia B