Hi There Here's how you can get the most out of your home & garden social network: Go home

Make Your Own Custom Flower Pots.

Did you know that you can print on tissue paper? Simply wrap it around a piece of printer paper and you can run it through your printer to get the exact graphics that you want. Then all you have to do is adhere it to a flower pot with ModPodge and you have a beautiful custom flower pot.

To see more: http://artsyvava.blogspot.com/2013/05/need-tissueflower-pot.html

24 Comments | Add a Comment Displaying 16 of 24 comments | See Previous
  • Joanne Sanders
    Joanne Sanders Union, NJ
    Very beautiful!
  • Vetsy
    Vetsy Spartanburg, SC
    Soooo... Pretty! Is there something you use to water proof or does the Modge podge seal it?
  • Eden Maker Garden Design
    Eden Maker Garden Design Woodland Hills, CA
    Love it. Shared on Sulia.
  • Linda Miracle
    Linda Miracle Anderson, SC
    These are beautiful! Did you paint the pots first?
  • LuAnne Frank
    LuAnne Frank Barto, PA
    tried this and it constantly jams my printer, please share how you wrap the tissue paper. Thank you
  • Virginia B
    Virginia B Fayetteville, GA
    I cut the tissue paper about an inch or 2 larger than the plain printer paper. Then I carefully fold it over and around the edges of the printer paper. Then I tape the edges of the tissue paper to the back of the printer paper making sure there are no
  • Virginia B
    Virginia B Fayetteville, GA
    The ModPodge is fine as a sealer if the pot is indoors or on a covered area. If it is going to be out in the weather, I would add a polyurethane sealer to be safe.
  • Virginia B
    Virginia B Fayetteville, GA
    Yes, I do use an ink jet printer. It bleeds just a very little but when I antiqued the pots you couldn't tell. You could try putting it on with the image face down. Just remember if you do it that way and you have writing on the image, you will need to
  • Vetsy
    Vetsy Spartanburg, SC
    Okay... Thanks..
  • Jeanette S
    Jeanette S Atlanta, GA
    STUNNING! Yes, this requires all caps! Great job! All sorts of things are running through my head at 3:21 AM (steroids to shrink sinus problem from pollen...of course...keeping me up). Flowers for centerpiece vases...just put theme...wedding, baby
  • Flora
    Flora Inverness, FL
    These are lovely.. thanks for reminding me that I used to do this... before I moved and had to leave (give) all my plants with friends. make great gifts as well.. Thanks again..
  • LuAnne Frank
    LuAnne Frank Barto, PA
    Thanks I will give it a try again.
  • Anne D
    Anne D Canada
    Thanks for the wonderful ideas and tips...:)
  • Lynda
    Lynda Gaffney, SC
    I've painted some but never tried that. I will tomorrow!

Here's a few that I've done.

• Valerie
    Valerie South Africa
    They are gorgeous!
Virginia B

Posts You May Like

Continue browsing