Hometalk.com

Awesome Remodels 04.15.14

Make Your Own Custom Flower Pots.

Did you know that you can print on tissue paper? Simply wrap it around a piece of printer paper and you can run it through your printer to get the exact graphics that you want. Then all you have to do is adhere it to a flower pot with ModPodge and you have a beautiful custom flower pot.

To see more: http://artsyvava.blogspot.com/2013/05/need-tissueflower-pot.html

23 Comments Displaying 15 of 23 comments | See Previous
  • Joanne Sanders Union, NJ
    Very beautiful!
  • Vetsy Spartanburg, SC
    Soooo... Pretty! Is there something you use to water proof or does the Modge podge seal it?
  • Eden Maker Garden Design Woodland Hills, CA
    Love it. Shared on Sulia.
  • Linda Miracle Anderson, SC
    These are beautiful! Did you paint the pots first?
  • LuAnne Frank Barto, PA
    tried this and it constantly jams my printer, please share how you wrap the tissue paper. Thank you
  • Virginia B Fayetteville, GA
    I cut the tissue paper about an inch or 2 larger than the plain printer paper. Then I carefully fold it over and around the edges of the printer paper. Then I tape the edges of the tissue paper to the back of the printer paper making sure there are no
  • Virginia B Fayetteville, GA
    The ModPodge is fine as a sealer if the pot is indoors or on a covered area. If it is going to be out in the weather, I would add a polyurethane sealer to be safe.
  • Virginia B Fayetteville, GA
    Yes, I do use an ink jet printer. It bleeds just a very little but when I antiqued the pots you couldn't tell. You could try putting it on with the image face down. Just remember if you do it that way and you have writing on the image, you will need to
  • Vetsy Spartanburg, SC
    Okay... Thanks..
  • Jeanette S Atlanta, GA
    STUNNING! Yes, this requires all caps! Great job! All sorts of things are running through my head at 3:21 AM (steroids to shrink sinus problem from pollen...of course...keeping me up). Flowers for centerpiece vases...just put theme...wedding, baby
  • Flora Inverness, FL
    These are lovely.. thanks for reminding me that I used to do this... before I moved and had to leave (give) all my plants with friends. make great gifts as well.. Thanks again..
  • LuAnne Frank Barto, PA
    Thanks I will give it a try again.
  • Anne D Canada
    Thanks for the wonderful ideas and tips...:)
  • Lynda Gaffney, SC
    I've painted some but never tried that. I will tomorrow!

Here's a few that I've done.