Denim Flag Wreath

New Feature

Now you can ask questions on every Hometalk post to get more insight and information about your favorite projects!
School is almost out and Memorial Day & 4th of July are just around the corner~ I made a series of patriotic crafts for you guys to enjoy! First up is my Denim Flag Wreath! I love making wreaths and finding unique items to make into them. So I started thinking about what materials to use...when I think of red white & blue, my thoughts automatically went to denim. What could be more American than Blue Jeans?!! So here is my cute version made from a pair of shorts and some old thrift store jeans! #4thofjuly #patriotic
Take your rotary cutter and cut all three jeans up into 3 inch wide strips. I cut the shorts across the pockets so I could use them for added texture and design. The jeans I just cut up one leg of each.
Start wrapping your red and white stripes around the Styrofoam wreath, make sure you make the stripes equal distance apart and hot glue. I then wrapped the blue denim shorts around using the pockets and belt loops for the blue design area.
For the flowers I pulled apart the silk flowers and added a fabric wrapped rosette flowers made from the denim to the center for a more handmade look. Hot glue them back together and add them to the wreath.

To see more:

Kim~ Made in a Day

Search Feedback

{% slideIn.title() %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().cover_photo.alt %} {% slideIn.slide_post().media_count %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().summary %}

View Post