Hometalk.com

Backyard Escapes 03.29.14

Kitchen Island Made From an Old Door....

I have always wanted to attempt to make a kitchen island and I finally found the perfect one to make. From an inspirational picture found on PINTEREST to a kitchen island I'll love forever, because it was made by my own two hands.

To see The step by step instructions I used to make this ...Please visit My BLOG PAGE..

UPDATE!!!!!!!!

I noticed that a few people have commented on maybe adding a piece of Glass to the top of this....... Sorry I forgot to say in the post that some Glass was purchased and it is laying flat on top of the Door.... It's not shown in the picture cause it was purchased after I had taken all the pics... Sorry for the confusion... But thank you all for your input :)..... It definitely is a must for sure..... a lot easier to clean and no food getting into all the Crevices ......

UPDATE NUMBER 2..........................

So I finally got a picture of the Island set up in the kitchen and it has the Glass top on it so you can all see what it looks

To see more: http://tcdesigns1968.blogspot.com/2013/05/kitchen-island-i-made-from.html

66 Comments Displaying 15 of 66 comments | See Previous
  • Joyce Battle Roanoke Rapids, NC
    That is what I want in my kitchen that looks great love the color .
  • Cindy Aukscunas Scranton, PA
    I love anything done with an old door.
  • nice but i'd have painted or stained the door.
  • Karen Rossman Clark Brookings, OR
    I have two old doors that use to be on a kitchen pantry unit out in my shed. Wow! I need an island.
  • Ellen R Ridgeway, SC
    Like yours. I have wanted to build one but we ended up buying a commercial stainless steel table and adding storage drawers to it for our island.
  • Brenda Estes Cantonment, FL
    @Tania........you could display some pics of family or old recipes in the door indentions under the glass.
  • Cindy Bluffton, SC
    how cool!
  • Mary C Reddick, FL
    another American made product!!!!!!!!!! yes!!!!! way to go....keep the creative minds flowing with remaking great products that may would have been tossed in the dump, but now, i have no doubt that many people would buy products like this and it is
  • ELizabeth Boyens Sebastopol, CA
    lovely!
  • Yvette Houston, TX
    VERY NICE!
  • TaniaC Fairfield, IL
    Wow!!! Thank you all for your Wonderful Comments....

Cheers! and Happy Holidays to each and every one of You ♥

• Sandie Canada
    This will work perfect in our place. Thanks for the great idea.
  • Kaye Swain Tacoma, WA
    Looks lovely! What a smart idea!
  • Adrea Montgomery West Monroe, LA
    I am completely in love with this kitchen island! Great job!