Kitchen Island Made From an Old Door....

I have always wanted to attempt to make a kitchen island and I finally found the perfect one to make. From an inspirational picture found on PINTEREST to a kitchen island I'll love forever, because it was made by my own two hands.

To see The step by step instructions I used to make this ...Please visit My BLOG PAGE..

UPDATE!!!!!!!!

I noticed that a few people have commented on maybe adding a piece of Glass to the top of this....... Sorry I forgot to say in the post that some Glass was purchased and it is laying flat on top of the Door.... It's not shown in the picture cause it was purchased after I had taken all the pics... Sorry for the confusion... But thank you all for your input :)..... It definitely is a must for sure..... a lot easier to clean and no food getting into all the Crevices ......

UPDATE NUMBER 2..........................

So I finally got a picture of the Island set up in the kitchen and it has the Glass top on it so you can all see what it looks

To see more: http://tcdesigns1968.blogspot.com/2013/05/kitchen-island-i-made-from.html

on This Post

• Kathy
    Kathy Union Bridge, MD
    Cool, now add some cupboards or shelf on each side. Love it!
  • Jeanne S
    Jeanne S Ringwood, NJ
    Very unique. Love it.
  • Maria Ward
    Maria Ward Morrisville, VT
    Very talented...i love it!
  • Bonnie Krebs Bartha
    Oh this is just amazing! I want this for a dining room table......
  • Dana Berger
    Dana Berger Detroit Lakes, MN
    awesome...........love it...
  • Beppe
    Beppe Italy
    kreg jig?
    • TaniaC
      TaniaC Fairfield, IL
      Beppe This is a Kreg Jig...It is used to make pocket holes in the wood so you can join 2 pieces of wood together... Hope this helps...
  • Lila Spears
    Lila Spears Battle Creek, MI
    Brilliant! I have been trying to come up with a cool idea for an island similar to this. I was actually thinking about using a couple of wall cabinets for extra storage as the base but I love what you did too! Thank you for the inspiration :)
  • Tina @ Repurposed Life
    Nice job!
  • TaniaC
    TaniaC Fairfield, IL
    Thank you Ladies for your comments... you are too kind....
    • Marcia Stansberry
      Marcia Stansberry Greenwood, IN
      Love it. Am going to make an island as soon as Christmas is over and this is a very good idea. Thanks for posting.
  • Ruqaya Mary-Courtney Pierce
    This very creative
  • Frankie Laney
    Frankie Laney Oceanside, CA
    This is really, really sweet!!

I just had a brain blast....what if you could find 4 really cool, old doorknobs; just the knob its self, and adhere them to

• Kelly@COPPER ROOF INTERIORSLLC
    I just found this project.....love it!!!!! Curious....what else could be used to surface the top of door instead of glass. Poxy of some sort to fill in the inset of panels??? Has anyone ever used a product as such?
  • TaniaC
    TaniaC Fairfield, IL
    Wow thank you so much Mj_f for your wonderful Comment I feel very humbled that I am your first comment ...Cheers! and I'm Glad I could help you out xx♥
  • Mj_finlayson47
    this is the first time i've ever replied to a blog. OMG...i'm so going to make this! simple clean lines and looks relatively easy to put together (w/ help of son of course). i've been looking for a narrow type of island and i love the rustic look of
  • ThisSarahLoves
    ThisSarahLoves Washington, DC
    Love this! Such a great piece for your kitchen.
TaniaC