Kitchen Island Made From an Old Door....

Decor Ideas 9 hours ago
I have always wanted to attempt to make a kitchen island and I finally found the perfect one to make. From an inspirational picture found on PINTEREST to a kitchen island I'll love forever, because it was made by my own two hands.

To see The step by step instructions I used to make this ...Please visit My BLOG PAGE..

UPDATE!!!!!!!!

I noticed that a few people have commented on maybe adding a piece of Glass to the top of this....... Sorry I forgot to say in the post that some Glass was purchased and it is laying flat on top of the Door.... It's not shown in the picture cause it was purchased after I had taken all the pics... Sorry for the confusion... But thank you all for your input :)..... It definitely is a must for sure..... a lot easier to clean and no food getting into all the Crevices ......

UPDATE NUMBER 2..........................

So I finally got a picture of the Island set up in the kitchen and it has the Glass top on it so you can all see what it looks

To see more: http://tcdesigns1968.blogspot.com/2013/05/kitchen-island-i-made-from.html

• ELizabeth Boyens
    ELizabeth Boyens Sebastopol, CA
    lovely!
  • Yvette
    Yvette Houston, TX
    VERY NICE!
  • TaniaC
    TaniaC Fairfield, IL
    Wow!!! Thank you all for your Wonderful Comments....

Cheers! and Happy Holidays to each and every one of You ♥

• Sandie
    Sandie Canada
    This will work perfect in our place. Thanks for the great idea.
  • Kaye Swain
    Kaye Swain Roseville, CA
    Looks lovely! What a smart idea!
  • Adrea Montgomery
    Adrea Montgomery West Monroe, LA
    I am completely in love with this kitchen island! Great job!
  • Lynnmarie
    Lynnmarie Vero Beach, FL
    LOVE LOVE LOVE. this. i love the stools and how they match too!! I made a kitchen island out of a hollow core door i bought at Lowes!! turned out fantastical !!!!
  • Tammy McLain
    Tammy McLain Norman, OK
    To even put little momentos of things you want to keep, but just hated putting them in a box in a closet. hmmm. Beautiful job!
  • Vanessa
    I love this!! Can u plz give me height for the 2x4 legs??
  • Life on Morgan
    Great Job! I for one LOVE the finish on the door! I'm going to take your idea out to the backyard:)
  • Robin Miller Cresci
    Robin Miller Cresci Mendocino, CA
    Love this! I am making one out of a door that was given to me with glass panels, I may use them as shadow boxes and place little treasures inside! Saving money for the glass for the top! Thank you for the inspiration!
  • Michelle Ci
    Michelle Ci Chesterfield, MO
    Where did you get the glass topper for this? i'm having a hard time finding one thats the right length
  • Sylvia
    sylvia Capitol Heights, MD
    I'm making ours from an old executive desk I found at a thrift store. Yours is so cute and creative. I'm hoping ours comes out just as nice. Thanks for the inspiration.
    • TaniaC
      TaniaC Fairfield, IL
      Thank you Sylvia that sound interesting... I bet it will turn out just fabulous... You will have to post a picture of it when you are done... would love to see it....
  • Marolyn Dowdy
    Marolyn Dowdy Georgetown, KY
    My daughter did this a couple of years ago and added Casters to the bottom of the legs so it can be moved over to the wall or back into the center of the kitchen, depending on what the occasion calls for.
  • Elaine Swander
    Elaine Swander Peru, IN
    I have one all the wood and door were free the glass top was $93.00 but worth it .
TaniaC