Hometalk.com

Kitchen 03.15.14

A New Way To "Handle It!"

Are you looking for a unique drawer or cabinet pull that is really different? During our kitchen re-do we used old spoons found at an antiques / junk shop. This is a very easy and decorative way to add a practical and whimsical look to your cabinets.

Depending on the design of the spoons you may want to drill a small hole in one or two places in the spoon. Bend the spoon outward as shown so as to create a handle shape. Attach to your cabinets with small round head screws and you are done!

Everyone who comes into our kitchen is instantly drawn to these pulls. We experimented with knives and forks but liked the look of the spoons better. Don't be afraid to mix and match the spoons for a collected look. It's these kind of details that make your house a home and a personal statement!

Time: 5 Minutes Cost: $5 Difficulty: Easy

To see more: http://feathernesters.blogspot.com/

5 Comments Displaying 5 of 5 comments
  • Susan A Auburn, NY
    they look great
  • Lynn H Milwaukee, WI
    love it!
  • Brenda Barton Royse City, TX
    Like your idea, looks terrific Tony Turner .
  • Simply Swider- Stephanie Virginia Beach, VA
    I love this. I just saw handles just like this at Pottery Barn, but I like upcycling so much more. Thanks for sharing!
  • Diane C Providence Forge, VA
    Love this idea! Didn't u have a sweet shop/cafe in Richmond???