A New Way To "Handle It!"

Furniture redo 06.07.15
Are you looking for a unique drawer or cabinet pull that is really different? During our kitchen re-do we used old spoons found at an antiques / junk shop. This is a very easy and decorative way to add a practical and whimsical look to your cabinets.

Depending on the design of the spoons you may want to drill a small hole in one or two places in the spoon. Bend the spoon outward as shown so as to create a handle shape. Attach to your cabinets with small round head screws and you are done!

Everyone who comes into our kitchen is instantly drawn to these pulls. We experimented with knives and forks but liked the look of the spoons better. Don't be afraid to mix and match the spoons for a collected look. It's these kind of details that make your house a home and a personal statement!

Time: 5 Minutes Cost: $5 Difficulty: Easy

To see more: http://feathernesters.blogspot.com/

• Diane C
    Diane C Providence Forge, VA
    Love this idea! Didn't u have a sweet shop/cafe in Richmond???
  • Lynn Rainsford
    Lynn Rainsford Ramsey, NJ
    How did you bend the spoons so perfectly?
  • Nancy Gramm
    Nancy Gramm Kingsland, TX
    I'd like to try this for a couple of cabinets in my studio. Would love to hear an answer to Lynn's question before I start.
  • Terijtamez
    All of my kitchen handles are alread old spoons. I love this .
  • Maryann Thomas Murphy
    Maryann Thomas Murphy Moorestown, NJ
    Are they attached at the top? I don't see a screw there and I would think they would come loose otherwise.
Tony Turner