Mildew on Curtains

Cleaning Tips 08.04.15
I followed the advice of so many hometalkers and made outdoor curtains from drop cloth I purchased from Lowes. After several days of rain and damp weather I noticed that the curtain on the right side is covered with mildew. Any ideas on getting rid of it and preventing it from coming back? Someone suggested scotch guard but how long would that last? HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • The panel on the right is exposed to the weather. The one on the left is shielded by the wall.
  • The panel on the right. Totally exposed to the elements.
  • Olga King
    Olga King Houston, TX
    When is the best time to spray mildew blocker treatment on to drop cloth curtains, after it rains or before it rains? I bought one at Home Depot called Mold Armour Mold blocker.Thanks much!
  • Mercedes Mallery
    Mercedes Mallery Pensacola, FL
    Olga, I bought the same product and it did not keep the mold from returning! I sprayed before and it reappeared, so sprayed again. Sorry it will return. I am going to try the suggestions above about using same product used on camping equipment and tents.
  • GrandmaCarol Speight
    Might want to, AFTER you get it cleaned up, open the curtain after a rainy spell and allow the drop sheet to dry BEFORE you hook it back in place? They also have many out-side weather resistant material available to achieve this effect...albeit they
  • Capernius
    Capernius Laporte, IN
    If it was my curtains/drop cloths, first thing I'd do is hang them in the sun, full sun....spray them down with vinegar....let them dry...launder them.....then hang them in the sun again....when they are dry, use a 3M water proofing product....when they
  • Kala Professional Restoration services
    This comment is under admin review
    This comment has been reported and is under admin review.
Donna J
Thank you {% auth.user().name %} for answering this question & helping the community!
Here are some more recent questions

Search Feedback