Reusing Old Doors

old doors 04.11.15
I Have had these old doors in the wood pile for too many years. Finally slapped on some outdoor paint attached repainted plastic plantar boxes and added flowers. Bungied them to the fence and here they are.
  • Barb Rosen
    Barb Rosen Wilmington, DE
    Cathy ~ these doors with window boxes are just marvelous!
  • Dee W
    Dee W Rock Creek, OH
    Love this idea and your presentation of it; very colorful and exciting---now I just need to find a door. lol
  • Marcy
    Marcy Southfield, MI
    Really pretty- I love the colors.
  • Myra
    Myra Jemison, AL
    I love this. I have an old red door with panes in it. This will be perfect on my back fence.

Thank Ye.

• Cathy Porter
    Cathy Porter Spokane, WA
    they are so much fuller and nicer now a few months later---I get so many compliments from visitors.
  • Lori Urban
    Lori Urban Slaton, TX
    Thanks Cathy....it reminded I had done this with an old barn door....at the top of the door I got some kind of wrought iron hooks and hung my small garden tools on it....then randomly placed little odds and ends on it....leaned it up against the a wall
  • TJ
    TJ Andover, MN
    great colors - I like your 'paint slapping' technique.
  • Myra
    Myra Jemison, AL
    I have a red door like the pink one.Know what to do with it now.Going to lean mine against a shed & also use Loris' idear
  • Tanya Peterson Felsheim
    Tanya Peterson Felsheim Grants Pass, OR
    Great look!
  • The Micro Gardener - Anne
    Very quirky - love them. Thanks for the share.
  • Kelley
    Kelley Ardmore, OK
    We are collecting old doors and windows to build a greenhouse this spring, hopefully it will not get taken out during tornado season here in Oklahoma!
  • Terri Austill
    Terri Austill Godfrey, IL
    Great idea!
  • Missy46703
    These just gave me the greatest idea for a set of tall, skinny, slatted, French-style doors I picked up from the side of the road last year!
  • Sheri Snyder
    Sheri Snyder Willow Street, PA
    I have been collecting old doors to create afence along the back of our property, but our zoning officer had denied ourfence permit. So, I'd like to use the doors in some other way, perhapsfreestanding like your privacy screen. How did you make them
Cathy Porter