Back Porch Headboard Swing

TUTORIALS 09.29.15
I couldn't wait to have a swing of my own on our back porch. When I told my husband we needed to use one of the three headboards stored in the garage, he looked at me a little funny. Luckily, he quickly caught on to my vision and was able to make it happen!

By using the headboard as the back, we then created the seat base and arm rests of the swing. Once it was complete, we hung it up with chains, tested it out, and even tumbled out at one point! The whole swing got two coats of Annie Sloan's Duck Egg chalk paint and some beautiful outdoor cushions. Now it is the perfect place to read a book and drink my morning coffee!

Time: 5 Hours Cost: $75 Difficulty: Moderate
  • After the paint had dried we added outdoor pillows for added comfort. We chose deep seated cushions for the bottom.
  • In the beginning we took an old headboard and began framing and building the base of the swing.
  • Once the swing was put together, we added chains and hung it from the porch awning. I painted it two coats of Annie Sloan's Duck Egg.

To see more:

• Phyllis
    Phyllis Pittsburgh, PA
    P.S. great, fabulous job; love the paint and headboard
  • Deanna Grace
    Deanna Grace Rapid City, SD
    I would love one of these, I will have to get help and make one. Thank you for sharing.
  • Kathi Longoria
    Kathi Longoria Myrtle Beach, SC
    What size headboard did you use? queen, or king?
  • Susan Spann
    Susan Spann Dublin, TX
    looks like a OLD full to me I love it . Stops "what to do with Grandmothers bed !" Grand Idea Claire .
  • Judy Rybiski
    Judy Rybiski Drexel Hill, PA
    Just love this idea...great job
Claire @ The Rustic Pig

Search Feedback