Hometalk.com

Awesome Remodels Yesterday

Back Porch Headboard Swing

I couldn't wait to have a swing of my own on our back porch. When I told my husband we needed to use one of the three headboards stored in the garage, he looked at me a little funny. Luckily, he quickly caught on to my vision and was able to make it happen!

By using the headboard as the back, we then created the seat base and arm rests of the swing. Once it was complete, we hung it up with chains, tested it out, and even tumbled out at one point! The whole swing got two coats of Annie Sloan's Duck Egg chalk paint and some beautiful outdoor cushions. Now it is the perfect place to read a book and drink my morning coffee!

Time: 5 Hours Cost: $75 Difficulty: Moderate

To see more: http://www.therusticpig.com/2013/06/16/summer-back-porch-headboard-swing/

90 Comments Displaying 15 of 90 comments | See Previous
  • Susan S Rochester, NY
    great idea, love it, and great work too, love the color and all
  • Connie Wiesniak Oxford, CT
    That is so beautiful! I have old headboards and a porch. Would love to try this!
  • Sue Hebert Spring, TX
    Very cute. I'm sure you will spend hours enjoying it.
  • Lorraine V Rochester, NY
    gorgeous! love the idea and the color!!!!!
  • Elaine Simmons Florence, AZ
    Really an inviting looking place to relax!
  • Kathleen Wilson Arlington Heights, IL
    Awesome! wish my husband could do something like that.
  • Awesome!!!
  • I love it! And you also brought me a chuckle (sorry) ..... :)
  • I love your vision. Wonderful job.
  • Her Vintage Soul Eugene, OR
    great color, love it!
  • Shirley P Boyd, TX
    oh my goodness that is so pretty
  • Debra Anderson Sand Springs, OK
    Beautiful!!!
  • DJ Tucson, AZ
    Fantastic reuse of old furniture. I love porch swings. Wish I had a place for one of them. If ever I figure out how I can have one I will be doing what you have done. I just love it!
  • Donna Demotte, IN
    what a loving husband!!!!!!!!!!! you can tell by his work....lucky lady!!!!!!!!! and I speak from experience!
  • lovely x love the colours and yes so inviting x very pretty and I didn't expect that at all x