Back Porch Headboard Swing

julie's board 4 days ago
I couldn't wait to have a swing of my own on our back porch. When I told my husband we needed to use one of the three headboards stored in the garage, he looked at me a little funny. Luckily, he quickly caught on to my vision and was able to make it happen!

By using the headboard as the back, we then created the seat base and arm rests of the swing. Once it was complete, we hung it up with chains, tested it out, and even tumbled out at one point! The whole swing got two coats of Annie Sloan's Duck Egg chalk paint and some beautiful outdoor cushions. Now it is the perfect place to read a book and drink my morning coffee!

Time: 5 Hours Cost: $75 Difficulty: Moderate

To see more: http://www.therusticpig.com/2013/06/16/summer-back-porch-headboard-swing/

• Rebecca Whittemore-Arsenault
    I love it! And you also brought me a chuckle (sorry) ..... :)
  • Rosanne Cleveland-King
    I love your vision. Wonderful job.
  • Her Vintage Soul
    Her Vintage Soul Eugene, OR
    great color, love it!
  • Shirley P
    Shirley P Boyd, TX
    oh my goodness that is so pretty
  • Debra Anderson
    Debra Anderson Sand Springs, OK
    Beautiful!!!
  • DJ
    DJ Tucson, AZ
    Fantastic reuse of old furniture. I love porch swings. Wish I had a place for one of them. If ever I figure out how I can have one I will be doing what you have done. I just love it!
  • Donna
    Donna Demotte, IN
    what a loving husband!!!!!!!!!!! you can tell by his work....lucky lady!!!!!!!!! and I speak from experience!
  • Bev Williams
    lovely x love the colours and yes so inviting x very pretty and I didn't expect that at all x
  • Lisa Wilson
    Lisa Wilson Dover, DE
    awesome love it
  • Jeani
    Jeani Pontiac, IL
    Envious! Love it!!
  • Mistie
    Mistie Greenwell Springs, LA
    I love it! Great up cycling idea!
  • Phyllis
    Phyllis Pittsburgh, PA
    i want to get into making benchs. did u drill and screw together? what type of drilling tool did u use; did u use the Kreg 5 tool?
  • Phyllis
    Phyllis Pittsburgh, PA
    P.S. great, fabulous job; love the paint and headboard
  • Deanna Grace
    Deanna Grace Rapid City, SD
    I would love one of these, I will have to get help and make one. Thank you for sharing.
  • Kathi Longoria
    Kathi Longoria Myrtle Beach, SC
    What size headboard did you use? queen, or king?
Claire @ The Rustic Pig