Penny Countertop

Counter Tops Yesterday
Took our dated laminate counter and covered it in pennies and epoxy. Messed up a ton along the way, so if you'd like to do something similar check out my tutorial at http://www.domesticimperfection.com/2012/05/...

#Bestof2012

• Janepher McBride
    In Canada we no longer use the penny, so no problems doing this project if you had a stash, stashed away.
  • Scottie Vosburgh
    Scottie Vosburgh Round Hill, VA
    "alters, defaces, mutilates, impairs, diminishes,falsifies, scales, or lightens any of the coins" She didn't do any of that. They could still conceivably be taken out of the epoxy and put back into circulation.
  • Mary Stanley
    Mary Stanley Jacksonville, FL
    Pennies are not consider legal tender, so it is fine to do this.
  • Rosalie chow
    rosalie chow San Francisco, CA
    I deleted the pennies art I made. The pennies had been removed long time ago. I just have the picture. I just hot glue on the plate and cup. Thank you for letting us know.
  • Paulette Schmidt
    Paulette Schmidt Norman, OK
    I really love the use of objects in a non traditional way. Using old coins for an art project or craft is no different than hoarding coins for coin collections or change you've been saving for a rainy day for the last 10 years. Appreciate the creativity
Ashley @ Domestic Imperfection