Hometalk.com

06.27.13

How do I keep centipedes out of my house?

I was bitten by one years ago and it was very painful. They seem to appear in the tub and I don't like taking showers with them.
11 Comments Displaying 11 of 11 comments
  • Rosalie M Kingston, PA
    Sandra, I am in love with your dog. I don't have an answer for you, but because this puppy is calling my name, I'm going to try to find out. My daughter had a problem with them in her apartment. She has since moved, but they were always around the
  • Deb Pulaski, VA
    i could really use the answer to this, too!
  • Marilyn Walsh Sun City, AZ
    Is this the large bug with many legs...?
  • Darlene T Delray, WV
    There are centipedes and then there are millipedes. I believe both of them have a painful bite, It seems years ago I was bitten by a centipede and for some reason I pick some plantain (the "weed" you find in your yard) leaves and rubbed the 'juice' on
  • Charlotte Kent Tremont, MS
    Is that puppy real? Too cute; the eyes are unbelievable... Sorry, no idea about centipedes though.
  • Rosalyn Harwood Delta, CO
    Puppy You can come to my house, I have no centipedes...only a little dog playmate.
  • I had no answer at first either but had to click on the puppy, it is a doll! Love it!
  • But I do believe these bugs are attracted to damp and humid areas, maybe some damp-rid to pull out the moisture and then some diatomaceous earth to help control the one's that wander back in.
  • Linda Snodgrass Winters, CA
    You could try some Boric Acid. I use it for everything that crawls and it works great. It doesn't harm pets or children. I would try some around the toilet and inside the tub for awhile and see how it works for you. My hubby explained to me that it's
  • Marie Worley Arlington, TX
    House Centipede Control

Kill centipedes or capture them on sight—if you can. Their rigid bodies and freakishly long, numerous legs make them very

• Bobbie Cleveland, OH
    They are a sign of a water problem somewhere in your house. I would definitely investigate that! I had a terrible problem with them for a long time before I discovered that the roof had issues I didn't know about. If you don't mind chemicals, Terro spray
  • Likes

Rosalie M Leah Shelly Hughes Fran Kitelinger Norma