How do I keep centipedes out of my house?

I was bitten by one years ago and it was very painful. They seem to appear in the tub and I don't like taking showers with them.
  • Rosalie M
    Rosalie M Kingston, PA
    Sandra, I am in love with your dog. I don't have an answer for you, but because this puppy is calling my name, I'm going to try to find out. My daughter had a problem with them in her apartment. She has since moved, but they were always around the
  • Deb
    Deb Pulaski, VA
    i could really use the answer to this, too!
  • Marilyn Walsh
    Marilyn Walsh Sun City, AZ
    Is this the large bug with many legs...?
    • Capernius
      Capernius Laporte, IN
      Marilyn Walsh

for someone who is not sure what tey look like, think of a worm with 100 legs, and this worm with legs can move really fast

• Darlene T
    Darlene T Delray, WV
    There are centipedes and then there are millipedes. I believe both of them have a painful bite, It seems years ago I was bitten by a centipede and for some reason I pick some plantain (the "weed" you find in your yard) leaves and rubbed the 'juice' on
    • Capernius
      Capernius Laporte, IN
      Darlene T

as far as I know, Centipedes will attack when they feel threatened...Millipedes will not. Centipedes can move faster than an

• Charlotte Kent
    Charlotte Kent Tremont, MS
    Is that puppy real? Too cute; the eyes are unbelievable... Sorry, no idea about centipedes though.
  • Rosalyn Harwood
    Rosalyn Harwood Delta, CO
    Puppy You can come to my house, I have no centipedes...only a little dog playmate.
  • Yvonne B
    I had no answer at first either but had to click on the puppy, it is a doll! Love it!
  • Yvonne B
    But I do believe these bugs are attracted to damp and humid areas, maybe some damp-rid to pull out the moisture and then some diatomaceous earth to help control the one's that wander back in.
    • Capernius
      Capernius Laporte, IN
      Yvonne B

Boric Acid is potentially deadly in any amount....Pyrethrin is a poison, I do not care how you look at it....D.E. I know

• Linda Snodgrass
    Linda Snodgrass Winters, CA
    You could try some Boric Acid. I use it for everything that crawls and it works great. It doesn't harm pets or children. I would try some around the toilet and inside the tub for awhile and see how it works for you. My hubby explained to me that it's
  • Marie Worley
    Marie Worley Arlington, TX
    House Centipede Control

Kill centipedes or capture them on sight—if you can. Their rigid bodies and freakishly long, numerous legs make them very

• Capernius
      Capernius Laporte, IN
      Marie Worley speaking only for myself, I TY for trying to help out,
  • Bobbie
    Bobbie Cleveland, OH
    They are a sign of a water problem somewhere in your house. I would definitely investigate that! I had a terrible problem with them for a long time before I discovered that the roof had issues I didn't know about. If you don't mind chemicals, Terro spray
  • Lisa Baker Burger
    Lisa Baker Burger Queensbury, NY
    THOSE PUPPY EYES ARE SO STINKING CUTE <3 <3 <3
  • Deborah M Sheedlo
    Deborah M Sheedlo Escanaba, MI
    what kind of puppy?
  • Capernius
    Capernius Laporte, IN
    I did some research & this is what I learned.

Please keep in mind that all of this information was copied from:

Sandra Smith