Pallet garden loungers

13 hours ago
Garden furniture can be very expensive and here's a simple idea on how to make free or almost free garden loungers using simple pallets.

I used 5 pallets and some wood scraps to make these two and that part was free. If you want to paint or add cushions (recommended!) that will be extra but all in all this cost me $10 for the red paint and that's it!

The basic idea of how to make these is to take two pallets of the same rectangular shape and stack them on top of each other, do the same with the second lounge chair. Then take the last pallet, divide it in half and add some wood scraps to construct two backrests that you attach to the stacked pallets with two screws. Minimal sanding and some paint and you're done.

I must warn you that the idea is simple but deconstructing the 5th pallet is pretty hard physical work but can be made easier if you have the proper tools and/or a muscular guy to help :)

Check out my blog for more photos and detailed instructions on how I went about it:

http://shoestringpavilion.blogspot.com/2010/...

• Ester Age
    Ester Age San Antonio, TX
    Love those pallet! Thanks for the tips!!!
  • Renee
    Renee Jacksonville, FL
    Looks like I'm sending the hubs out on a pallet run!
  • Nest Home Improvement
    Thanks for forwarding that link. In the spirit of greater transparency, it would be great to know who is behind that website. I am OK if it is a company that makes plastic pallets, but it would be great to know, if that is the case.
  • Brandy Samuels
    Brandy Samuels Russell Springs, KY
    this is a great idea
  • Elizabeth Sagarminaga
    Elizabeth Sagarminaga Mission Viejo, CA
    Thanks for great ideas to make a garden loungers from simple pallets. Thanks for once again being an inspiration to us who live in bungalow.I liked your all hard work that is really very helpful and inspiring. You have done good job. I especially like
Titti